Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a science project in biology coming up. And I'm considering researching how they make biodiesel out of algea. Anyone have any other suggestions??

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
Well, seeing how it is a biology project, algae would be good. Also, seem to remember a conversion of seaweed to diesel. Then the basic soy to diesel, corn, etc.

·
6,476 Posts

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
We have a pretty good bio program at our school and i was in talkin to the head guy this afternoon and he told me that he has even made bio diesel out of flys... kinda crazy... but i guess they can pretty much make it out of anything they can extract fat from... i dunno

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was talking to Jason Thompson of Diesel Power Magazine, and he told me about making diesel fuel from poop, or BIOCRUDE, it's all interesting to say the least....

·
6,476 Posts
I was talking to Jason Thompson of Diesel Power Magazine, and he told me about making diesel fuel from poop, or BIOCRUDE, it's all interesting to say the least....
that is the fecal fuel (my last post) - or biodiesel form human sh!t LOL

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh. There it is! LOL I'm gonna buy a Duramax and just put a porta-potty above the fuel tank...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts