Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
who makes good steps for lifted trucks?

i know carr makes these:

http://www.carr.com/store/carrsuperhoop.asp

i would like black ones...anyone know if any other companies that sell these?
I have those and I like them. I like the look of them and they are easy to slap on. I have the wide ones btw, not the narrow long ones. Check my pics to see what they look like

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this for your truck? Don't you have a 2wd?
i do..but in so cal its cool to lift 2wd trucks :doh:

i was calling around originally to find a good lift like an RCD or Donahoe but a lot of the companies only made it for the 03 style and not the new style cause i guess they changed it to ibeams and improved turning radius. I got it from all the companies "outside of Southern Cal no one lifts 2wd" but fabtech makes one and i guess the new fab tech stuff is leaps and bounds better than the old. i wouldnt ever need 4wd except at strip so im okay w/ the whole 2 wheel thing.

i am ususally completely against lifting 2wd trucks but i saw my buddies w/ a 6inch on 35s and it looks good on it. i will post pics around 1st of the year with the lift :ford:

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Anyone make something like that but alittle cheaper? I think I need one for the passenger side, but the Redneck in me likes to stay on a budget. I guess short people have a hard time getting into my truck. I can just think how much fun it will be when I put 35s on it!

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Anyone make something like that but alittle cheaper? I think I need one for the passenger side, but the Redneck in me likes to stay on a budget. I guess short people have a hard time getting into my truck. I can just think how much fun it will be when I put 35s on it!
lol! I was driving my truck around with the 8" on 37s for a while with no steps, if your truck is hard for you to get in, man you would be screwed gettin in mine, unless you bring climbing gear.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
lol! I was driving my truck around with the 8" on 37s for a while with no steps, if your truck is hard for you to get in, man you would be screwed gettin in mine, unless you bring climbing gear.
Like I said, I'm 6' tall & I don't have an issue. But a few shorter people who ride with me sometimes have an issue. That's why I wouldn't mind just one for the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Camburg is real good....don't know if they offer something for your truck, but I did see a few 99-04s with their stuff a few years back.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like I said, I'm 6' tall & I don't have an issue. But a few shorter people who ride with me sometimes have an issue. That's why I wouldn't mind just one for the passenger side.
haha yea, im 6'4 so the bigger truck fits me well but its about the girls that need to get in the passenger seat :blah:

i knew camburg made good stuff for prerunners but im not doing a lot of off road and am not 4x4 so they do not make much for me besides a light bar haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts