Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought to have my heads tested by a machinist, just to be prepared i called the local ford dealer for a quote on new heads. I was told $1,400 Each and also was told it comes with all related parts (HG's, bolts). Which i need none of. does that price sound right? $2,800 is a whole lot of $$$

05' 6.0

·
Registered
359 Posts
not sure about the heads from the factory but u can get heads from liberator performance for cheaper than that and btw nice avatar:eek::D

·
Longrod von Hugendong
108 Posts
Holy crap, your avatar is giving me a woodrow.

x2 on Liberator. Check em out.

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx, i looked at their site. Much cheaper, but the only problem i see is they require a core. God forbid if my heads are warped, i wouldnt think they would take them as a core

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a set of heads I may get rid of if you're interested.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If they are warped, they would have to be extremely warped to not take them as a core. As long as there are no cracks or anything you should be fine.

Why are you worried about your heads? I have done several sets of studs and always get the heads machined. Sometimes they need new valve seats or guides and a good surfacing and cleaning along with being pressure checked. I have yet to get a "bad" one.

Expect to spend $350 to $550 on both though for machining and valve seals

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I can get you Reman Heads sent to your door for $550 Each. I have used many sets of these, and have never had any issues. They will be delivered with a prepaid return label. These heads have a 2year/ unlimited warranty. No up-front core charge.

·
Monkeys have armpits!
1,681 Posts
not sure about the heads from the factory but u can get heads from liberator performance for cheaper than that and btw nice avatar:eek::D
thx, i looked at their site. Much cheaper, but the only problem i see is they require a core. God forbid if my heads are warped, i wouldnt think they would take them as a core

I have a set of liberator head on mine right now. They do have a "core" charge, but they will not refund all of your money, unless you send brand new heads in. I got back about half of mine cause i had a bunch of bad valves.

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why are you worried about your heads?
it was my understanding that there is only a little bit they can shave off to be in spec (still learnin as i go). Also, this is the second time i've blown a HG. first time the head bolts went back in :doh: wasnt on the forums back then.

I find out tomorrow if they are good to go or not.

F350Powerhouse and Logan21SV, if i have to cross that bridge i'll be in touch

i appreciate the feedback

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I am still having issues making it through all of the posts in here because of your avatar. :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts