Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am look for a good diesel technologies school to possibly go to here in MI and wondered if you guys had any recommendations??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:D

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for all the in put guys!! Appreciate it.

I was afraind the UNOH was only one around... its like a 2 hours drive there. I have heard really good things about it though! I will check it out more:D

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im currently goin to UNOH and i really like it here, its a great college
Thats great to know. I have only heard good things about UNOH. You drive to Lima from KY daily or live in Lima?

How long are their diesel tech. programs? Any requirements to get in? How much do you have to already know to take the diesel program? I know TONS about diesels (the theoretical side, science of diesel engine operation), but dont have much practice at the physical work.

Thanks and good luck:D

·
DIRT NASTY DIESEL!!
357 Posts
i live up here in the dorms, i only go back to KY at the end of every session, the diesel program is a year and half long if you only go for a diploma which is what im doing. there is no requirements really to get in and you dont have to know anything to be able to take diesel. you wont have any problems getting into this college.

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i live up here in the dorms, i only go back to KY at the end of every session, the diesel program is a year and half long if you only go for a diploma which is what im doing. there is no requirements really to get in and you dont have to know anything to be able to take diesel. you wont have any problems getting into this college.
Thanks for the info man! I will keep that im mind:D

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
I'm checking out UNOH right now. I've only heard positive things about them as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How much do you have to already know to take the diesel program? I know TONS about diesels (the theoretical side, science of diesel engine operation), but dont have much practice at the physical work.

Thanks and good luck:D
Be careful if you know TONS before you get there. Some professors don't like when you know more than they do ;)

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Be careful if you know TONS before you get there. Some professors don't like when you know more than they do ;)
Haha, okay:D I mean, I could tell someone why everything inside a particular diesel engine is the way it is and what the purpose for that is. I could tell them exactly (scientifically) how diesels make power and why. I could NOT for instance pull and replace a piston/rod or install a camshaft on an engine (well not correctly anyway).

Why, do you work there or teach diesel technology??

·
Registered
136 Posts
Haha, okay:D I mean, I could tell someone why everything inside a particular diesel engine is the way it is and what the purpose for that is. I could tell them exactly (scientifically) how diesels make power and why. I could NOT for instance pull and replace a piston/rod or install a camshaft on an engine (well not correctly anyway).

Why, do you work there or teach diesel technology??
I didn't. My cousin went there couple years ago. I think he ended up teaching the class on rebuilding automatic transmissions (as a student)....he made it through, but certain professors weren't fans of his:D

I went to a different school. Ended up leaving after a professor got mad when I refused to prove common sense to himLOL

·
Diesel Freak
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't. My cousin went there couple years ago. I think he ended up teaching the class on rebuilding automatic transmissions (as a student)....he made it through, but certain professors weren't fans of his:D

I went to a different school. Ended up leaving after a professor got mad when I refused to prove common sense to himLOL
Haha, cool man. Thanks for the heads-up:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts