Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gonna get some 35s for my truck. Does that hurt the gas milage and power a lot it has stock gearing. Need some help before i spend the money

·
MINK
1,049 Posts
wont take much power...the biggest issue is the wieght that the larger tires add which could hurt your fuel milage

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
You will lose about 1 mpg and does not hurt power to anything noticeable. A number of people can get 20 mpg if they are light on the go pedal.

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
You will see 1-2mpg decrease, I notice no power difference but the little tires are easy to light up, as the big ones are not

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I am gonna get some 35s for my truck. Does that hurt the gas milage and power a lot it has stock gearing. Need some help before i spend the money
I don't think that is going to stop you from getting some new tires....By the way what kind of tire are you looking at?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i didnt see much of a MPG decrease or a loss in power. only thing i saw was a touch more smoke and it looked better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am thinking about getting the kumho road venture AT. Anyone ever had any problems with these tires. I am gonna mount them on some 16x12 DC 1

·
Registered
359 Posts
i notice no diff when i put 35' bfg at's on my truck notice a milege diff and a lil bit slower with the m16s a big heavy 35 but it could just be me so used to the truck about the lift a leveling kit should do it with the at's u mentioned as for trimming i not real sure on that maybe the air dam if ur gunna rub i would think it would be on the leaf springs from the trucks ive seen with 35s

·
MINK
1,049 Posts
35s on 16x12s...those wheels have alot of negative offset meaning they will stick out farther so your gona want atleast 4" of lift

·
Registered
359 Posts
:whs: oh yeah i love having the 06 no leveling kit m16s just barley rub the inside of the plastic wheel well only to the left you can cut it all the way to the right i dont know whats up with that i also have a perfect offset though they stick out of the fendors a bit :D:evil

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also have some 35x16r16.5 on some Mrw 16.5x18 but dont wanna put them on the superduty trying to wait till i get the obs going

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got 35s on mine with a 4" lift. Like the look of a little fender clearance myself

·
Registered
536 Posts
I cant spin my 35's, i definitely lost mpg and power........ Just being honest, stock tires were much easier to roast and provided better mpg's . All that being said its worth it, they look awesome!

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
i didnt see much of a MPG decrease or a loss in power. only thing i saw was a touch more smoke and it looked better.
really? I distinctly remember you saying that it was way more sluggy than before. No wonder there's never anything wrong with your truck, because you forget.

Bigger tires help your mileage while cruising, its the accelerating that sucks with them

1 - 20 of 41 Posts