Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does that plug in? Same place as a 6 pos?

How much are they worth?

Are the tunes worth a damn?

Just wondering all this... its definately not for my truck...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
plugs in the same as a 6pos, had one re tuned by Bill @ PHP for my '02 work truck.
they aren't worth much that i have seen in the classifieds, I happened to have one collecting dust that now works just fine on a 12k# truck.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
50 bucks? 70?

I've got a guy wanting to sell one, and if I can get a custom tune put on it, and then resell, it'd be worth it for me.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
for 50 bucks you can pawn it off to some jackass on craigslist for at least 150 with out even messing with it haha. I know i could!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
for 50 bucks you can pawn it off to some jackass on craigslist for at least 150 with out even messing with it haha. I know i could!
Aw, now that's not fair. Some 17 year old kid with very little cash has to start somewhere and a $100.00 - $150.00 used chip would be a great place to start. The gold Superchips may only have 1 tune (or 2 if you're lucky enough to find an old flip-chip) but they have worked well for years. After all, the PCM doesn't care what the chip looks like, it only matters what tuning is on the chip.

If you can get the chip for $50.00, grab and eBay it. Make sure you explain to the person bidding/buying the chip that the tune on it will probably NOT work with their truck and they will (at their expense, of course) need to be reprogrammed to match their vehicle.

Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, I was gonna get you to tune it for me Bill, after I found a buyer and figured out what PCM they had. Maybe get a small profit. I like getting people hooked. They come back for more.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Aw, now that's not fair. Some 17 year old kid with very little cash has to start somewhere and a $100.00 - $150.00 used chip would be a great place to start. The gold Superchips may only have 1 tune (or 2 if you're lucky enough to find an old flip-chip) but they have worked well for years. After all, the PCM doesn't care what the chip looks like, it only matters what tuning is on the chip.

If you can get the chip for $50.00, grab and eBay it. Make sure you explain to the person bidding/buying the chip that the tune on it will probably NOT work with their truck and they will (at their expense, of course) need to be reprogrammed to match their vehicle.

Enjoy! :)
Haha I know I was meaning it jokingly I do all I can to lead people in the right direction with tuning. Even my dmax and cummins buddies for what little I know about whats good for their trucks.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Actually, I was gonna get you to tune it for me Bill, after I found a buyer and figured out what PCM they had. Maybe get a small profit. I like getting people hooked. They come back for more.
Cool beans. We'd be happy to help you out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts