New Oil Cooler
Updated STC fitting
Updated turbo feed line
Updated turbo drain line
Coolant flush and swap

Also will be adding before it goes:
Coolant filter
4" TB Exhaust

Anything else I need to have done while its apart?

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
reg return would be smart. it's a real bitch to put in with the cab on...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought about that. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
195 Posts
def reg return, ITP/sinister/strictly or Dozers, pm JJ (donzimama) or dennis at itp/strictly

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well look who crawled out of the woodwork!! where you been?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think injectors are in the budget right now unfortunately lol

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it worth the $600? I'm pretty clueless on injectors

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Is it worth the $600? I'm pretty clueless on injectors
Heck yeah, it will give you 500-525 HP or so with a PowerMax. A lot of people are running 175's, but not with stock nozzles. Stock nozzles cuts the price in half, and it allows the fuel to be more adequately managed for towing.

But with injectors, you'll have to get a fuel pressure gauge at the least, possibly a fuel system depending on the readings.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm really not looking into changing the turbo, injectors etc. not really looking to build big HP, just a dependable daily driver, that will last for years to come.

As far as the fuel pressure gauge, I already have it hooked up on my CTS.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
... it will give you 500-525 HP or so with a PowerMax.
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no way 175s (of any nozzle type) with a powermax will get you over 500Hp. Guys with 190s and a powermax are just barely making it. Now the OP said he wasnt into big HP or changing out turbos and what not but I just wanted to make sure there wouldnt be any unrealistic expectations.

Sorry for the hijack. Will be happy to discuss this in another thread.

·
1,549 Posts
I'm really not looking into changing the turbo, injectors etc. not really looking to build big HP, just a dependable daily driver, that will last for years to come.

As far as the fuel pressure gauge, I already have it hooked up on my CTS.
Everything you mentioned in your first post will get you the dependable dd the that you are looking for.

I would scratch the new oil cooler and coolant filter and go with a BPD oil cooler delete kit. I know they are expensive but they are TOTALLY worth it IMO. It is almost impossible to appreciate the kit without seeing it in person but if you want the ultimate in reliability, then this is where I would look. You also really wouldnt have to flush any coolant if you didnt want to and would never have to worry about your oil cooler plugging again. EVER.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no way 175s (of any nozzle type) with a powermax will get you over 500Hp. Guys with 190s and a powermax are just barely making it. Now the OP said he wasnt into big HP or changing out turbos and what not but I just wanted to make sure there wouldnt be any unrealistic expectations.

Sorry for the hijack. Will be happy to discuss this in another thread.
How much do you wanna bet?

·
1,549 Posts
First off I am not going to get into a pissing contest over this in this guy's thread about horse power combos that he doesnt care anything about. So lets discuss this anywhere else and not hijack his thread anymore.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts