Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had some time that allowed for me to get some studs installed. Being that studs end up digging deep into the motor I got all the other mods/repairs all done at the same time. Oil cooler, GOGO manifold, STC, etc, etc were all done. Strokers Unlimited (Adam) took on the task and the results were worth the effort!!

The truck is DIFFERENT in all the good ways you could you want. The best example is running 25+PSI of boost at only half throttle. The truck flat out FLOWS air running hard and pulling smooth. Additional findings demonstrated better downshifting than before when running the PowerMax on the stock manifold. The whistle seems a bit louder at the same time loosing the deeper V8 sound in the exhaust. BTW I didn't even update the tuning I was running before.

Give me a week to see if there's any MPG gains/losses.

A big THANKS to Adam for all the work done at Strokers Unlimited.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
It sure is nice having a performance shop like Strokers Unlimited local for us Northern Virginia Powerstroke guys to go to. Glad to here you are happy with what Adam has done for you.

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OH yea. I'm hoping to get some additional feedback from the current Batmowheel users. Right now if the midrange got better I'll need more money for fuel and tires!! LOL

·
blead Ford Blue
473 Posts
would like to see more about the powermax batmowheel, looking to get on when i get my powermax, and i second what Steve said(Bushwakd)

·
Registered
917 Posts
would like to see more about the powermax batmowheel, looking to get on when i get my powermax, and i second what Steve said(Bushwakd)
There's a few reviews over on the army and a few here we've done a few and it makes the powermax more responsive

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Glad to hear about the improvments brian, adam definitely dpes great work! Even though hes 2 hours away he now gets all the work i cant do myself

·
Registered
551 Posts
Your truck definately runs very nice Brian! Now you have that warm fuzzy along with a sense of security. Good to have Adam and his shop in the area.

The baymowheel should be in this week. I will let you know how it changes my Powermax. ;-)

·
Registered
340 Posts
What was the process for getting the Stage 1 manifold?

I sent Doug an email a few months ago but it was right during his accident, so I didn't want to bother them again since it will be a while before I could get one.

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you have a spare manifold and fitting send it in for his mods. I bought spares that I sent to him and waited for the goods to come back. It was all worth the wait time!!

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay using NOS is going to cause problems in general. It's not likely EVERY batmowheel will do this on EVERY turbo.

I'm still on the fence myself hoping these wheels bring good things for the 6.0L!!

·
Super Moderator
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cummins/Powerstroke.........Apples/Oranges????

JEEZ maybe you should compare buzzards to ducks.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts