Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here running a go light on their truck or ever ran one on a previous vehicle?
I've been looking into getting one.
The model I'm looking at is the go light 2051. They're about $300 after shipping.
Anyone ever used this model?
I like this option over a light bar because it turns and tilts.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?

·
BigRed02
542 Posts
Nawsir me either

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'd never heard of it. Had to google it.
We run 50% of the year in the (pretty much) dark, many vehicles run some sort of aftermarket light. I watch what the big rigs are running as they depend on the dang things to save them from moose. Most have been running Lightforce, as do I. Now with the new LED tech some of them supplement with a light bar or two or round/square LED. I've not had the chance to run a light bar but have followed many vehicles with them. My thoughts are: + beam spread (but a lot wasted), - distance beam. Some have dual beams but not sure how they stack up with the large spot beam lightforce (my 240's reflect over a mile down the road.)
These Go Lights seem to be more of a pencil beam or spot but not sure the mount is rigid enough to keep them pointed where you wanted, unless you want to move them a lot. If you plan to use them as driving lights I'd think some of the round/square LED lights would work better.
My $.02

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd never heard of it. Had to google it.
We run 50% of the year in the (pretty much) dark, many vehicles run some sort of aftermarket light. I watch what the big rigs are running as they depend on the dang things to save them from moose. Most have been running Lightforce, as do I. Now with the new LED tech some of them supplement with a light bar or two or round/square LED. I've not had the chance to run a light bar but have followed many vehicles with them. My thoughts are: + beam spread (but a lot wasted), - distance beam. Some have dual beams but not sure how they stack up with the large spot beam lightforce (my 240's reflect over a mile down the road.)
These Go Lights seem to be more of a pencil beam or spot but not sure the mount is rigid enough to keep them pointed where you wanted, unless you want to move them a lot. If you plan to use them as driving lights I'd think some of the round/square LED lights would work better.
My $.02
Thanks for the response.
I'm surprised yall have never heard of them.. I thought they were a pretty big brand? Maybe not.
Yeah, the go light is more of a spotlight. That's what I'm looking for and why I think I've chosen one of these over a light bar. I also like the capability of using a remote to control the light. With a light bar the light only points in the direction the truck is facing.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Actually I have a go light, don't remember what model it is but it works well. I don't leave it on while I am moving much mostly use it for loading trailer at night. Super bright and the remote control is awesome. When your working around a vehicle it's real nice to be able to move your beam.

·
Registered
116 Posts
They are great lights. I work for a power line contractor and we use them on our foreman and line trucks. They're great as when at the top of the pole you can get the light right where you want it with the remote. Great quality stuff especially if u want to move the light at all. It's not as bright as a 50" light bar but much more useful unless your racing in the desert.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright guys, the light came in. I permanently mounted it to the top of my truck using self tapping screws. Very simple, took a few minutes. It hasn't moved a bit and i've driven about 100 miles on it so far.
The light itself is awesome. The spotlight brightness exceeded my expectations. It's got good range. It's bright enough to where if you shine it up in the sky you can see the massive beam. Going to be good in the fields at night.

The only complaint I have is that the remote control is slightly difficult to get good accuracy with.. but hey for the price I paid I can't complain a bit. Looks good on the top of the truck too. I'll attach a pic.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts