Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to put some gauges in my truck, but dont really want to spend $400 plus dollars. i know some of you guys are using glowshifts, and am wondering if you are satisfied with them. are they accurate? do they last? does that "no drill" pyro sending unit bracket work? i have only used autometer gauges in the past, and am a little leery of those glowshifts. but if they work, they work. thanks guys

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a set of Glowshifts on the Dodge listed below. From what I read they are not the best quality gauges, but, for the money they were accurate and had 7 different colors. I liked them.
For what it's worth, the guy who now has "the Dodge" really likes them and they have lasted 3 years without issue.
I hope this helps...

·
Chachi
237 Posts
I have had my set of glow shift tinted 7 gauges for 2 years now, I have boost, exhaust temp, and fuel pressure, no issues with them so far and I love them, the reason why people complain so much about glowshift is because the way they hook them up, do it right and you will be fine

·
Registered
73 Posts
I wouldnt spend the money on glowshifts ever again, They were hooked up correctly, and intermittently worked 2 of them died just really bad experience with them but thats just my 2 cents

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm goin with autometer. i always had good luck with them. it seems like the glowshifts are good about 66% of the time! (going by the # of people that replied) my autometers i have used in the past are right on 100%. thanks guys

·
Registered
73 Posts
just out of curiosity, when i got the truck i have now i drilled and tapped my pyrometer holes, and tried my autometer then the glowshift pyro i had from my old truck in the driverside manifold and the glowshift read 125* cooler than what it actually was

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just out of curiosity, when i got the truck i have now i drilled and tapped my pyrometer holes, and tried my autometer then the glowshift pyro i had from my old truck in the driverside manifold and the glowshift read 125* cooler than what it actually was
that there is why i am going autometer. thanks man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts