Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pros/cons. Looking to put a quad pillar in and they have a kit. Just something reasonable for pulling a horse trailer not super building the truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
Pro/ their cheap.
Con/ their cheap and don't last. Then you have to buy quality gauges.

·
Rookie diesel tech
103 Posts
i tried glowshift gauges and overall was pretty dissatisfied. Three out of the four i bought stopped working within a year or did not work out of the box. the only one i am currently still using is the 60 psi boost gauge. My suggestion is to go with another brand. In this case, you pay for what you get.

Reactions: 410customs

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
had a similar experience we installed 4 glow shifts into a 1984 ranger custom build, 2 years later only the glow shift "clock" is still working, the coolant, fuel level and oil pressure all went to crap I will never buy another glowshift anything ever there was alot of custom wiring and dash fitting just to get these in there only to have them SUCK! So even if they were working I wonder how accurate they even are.......

·
STROKER
13 Posts
I have a set of tri a-pillar 7 color series gauges in my 2002, the only one I havnt had problems with is the boost gauge, had to replace the tranny sensor twice, and the egt gauge itself once. I have had them 2 years now. When they are working they are awesome. I think its just routine maintenance, and the fact that glowshift gauges out sales the competitor 2.5:1 so in turn you are going to hear about 2.5 times more complaints. they are descent gauges, but yes there are better ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts