Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 3 guage pillar in my OBS,with the GS guages. Is there a way to ste the guages on color, that way I dont have to change them everytime I start my truck? I didnt get get any paperwork with these. Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I set mine to green and when I go to start my truck again, it goes back to Blue, everytime.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thats weird. Well every great once in a while mine will do that but only if I unplug the batteries or let the truck sit for a loooong time.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
I've had my guages come back on once with the colors that i've left them. All other times when i start my truck they come on blue. I don't know why. I triple checked my wiring before final installation.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Sounds like you need to switch your wires around I cant rem. what colors they are but sounds like you might have the 12v constant and the switched 12v. switched around. Thats what I would try first.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like you need to switch your wires around I cant rem. what colors they are but sounds like you might have the 12v constant and the switched 12v. switched around. Thats what I would try first.
Did that, and the lights were on all the time, even with the truck off.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Ok guys I get calls all the time from customers having the same issue. This is an easy fix.

You have to hook all the yellow wires to a CONSTANT 12V source that DOES NOT go on and off with the switch. This is your color memory wire.

If this does not fix your issue then you have to have something else wired wrong. I install a ton of these gauges and have had this happen to me a couple times and it has always been my fault from getting in a hurry.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My lights are always on, on mine when the key is turned on. I think thats the only way these can be wired up.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
My lights are always on, on mine when the key is turned on. I think thats the only way these can be wired up.
Yes you are correct...

They have a memory wire and a trigger wire that makes the light come on with the ignition. The gauges that have electrical motors also come on with the trigger wire. So you cannot put them on a seperate switch just for the lights or your electrical gauges will not work properly until that switch is turned on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts