Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking about getting the triple pod set with trans and boost not sure on the other one yet anyways have any of y'all had any problems with glow shift in know they are cheap and what you pay for is what you get but i need gauges would it be better to get better ones and spend the extra money or will glow shift do the job

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a glow shift wide band 02 that I use to tune my boat. I've never had problems with it at all. I was thinking of getting the glow shift gauges for the truck too. Keep us posted if you get them.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Go with autometer, like you said you get what you pay for

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've got the 3-1 gauge in my dodge & haven't had any problems yet. Looks cool, but you can tell it's cheaply made when you're installing it.

·
Registered
327 Posts
iv always used autometer in my personaly truck until this last time. I installed many sets of the glow shift gauges in my customers vehicals and never had any problems. So this last time I put the glowshifts in my truck also. Good gauge for 1/2 the price

·
Registered
756 Posts
I have a glowshift fuel pressure gauge and I can't get a sending unit to last more than 3 months

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I have glow shift and they look cheap like #### & cheap whatever you want to call it. I wouldn't buy another set ever. My other 2 trucks will get isspro or autometers although they are more money it will be worth it to me

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Isspro EV2 or Performax...

Dont go cheap when your protecting a 10k motor...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I have a glowshift fuel pressure gauge and I can't get a sending unit to last more than 3 months
do you have the "snubber Valve"?....i was looking to replace one of my guages with the fuel pressure glow shift guage, or get the expandable unit for my cts...not sure which i will go with yet....

I like my glow shift guages, they seem to work well, but i think i will be upgrading soon as i can find something i like enough

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
thats the problem.... every gauge out their looks like ####.... GS has the best color combo to match.....

·
Registered
756 Posts
do you have the "snubber Valve"?....i was looking to replace one of my guages with the fuel pressure glow shift guage, or get the expandable unit for my cts...not sure which i will go with yet....

I like my glow shift guages, they seem to work well, but i think i will be upgrading soon as i can find something i like enough
What do you mean by snubber valve?

I have the edge cs and priced out the fuel pressure adapter, it was going to be $300.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I ended up ordering a boost gauge and oil temp gauge for my mustang so I guess I'll see how they are when I get them.

·
Chachi
237 Posts
the glowshift gauges work fine, get them factory not from a private dealer, dnt N***** rig them and they will be accurate and give you no trouble i have boost, pyrometer, and fuel pressure on mine, havnt had a problem, also checked the accuracy with my tuner and they matched up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts