Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if anyone has some useful input on the quality of glowshift brand gauges? pretty good package deal on their website for a 3 gauge pod, pyrometer, boost and fuel pressure for $210, is this a good deal?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
We can get you Glowshift, but remember they are entry level gauges (I had a set not saying they aren't good, I am just saying that there are better ones out there) I had trouble with mine a couple times and went with isspro performax

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Entry level? So there good for newbys but not vets of the sport? I guess I don't understand, a guage will either be accurate or not, what makes them entry level?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya, i know its not autometer... but i dont care for all the fancy features and super high quality bezels and such. can you pm me with a price on a similar combo (3 gauge pod, 1500 degree pyro, 60 lbs boost and 100 psi fuel pressure)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
understood, what are their flaws? if it just lacks the bling of high dollar gauges im cool with it, but if its gonna be grossly inaccurate then i might be more interested in a digital edge.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Just curious... Have you gone and done any research on this brand? Read plenty of reviews? I'm just asking because I have. I read all the time about GlowShift gauges failing. You can spend 210$ now and hope everything works or spend 350 and almost guarantee it works. Do you want to spend 210 now or make a 210 mistake later? Things are dirt cheap for a reason. I highly suggest talking with Patrick about a set a little more known for quality. That's my .02.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Just curious... Have you gone and done any research on this brand? Read plenty of reviews? I'm just asking because I have. I read all the time about GlowShift gauges failing. You can spend 210$ now and hope everything works or spend 350 and almost guarantee it works. Do you want to spend 210 now or make a 210 mistake later? Things are dirt cheap for a reason. I highly suggest talking with Patrick about a set a little more known for quality. That's my .02.
Any gauge can and will fail, same goes for any product that is mass produced. Glowshifts quailty has improved over the last year.

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
Any gauge can and will fail, same goes for any product that is mass produced. Glowshifts quailty has improved over the last year.
I'm curious, can you (or anyone else that reads this) check the box for glowshift and see where they're made?

Autometers (and IssPro) are made in America. Not saying that means better but since I'm American and I'm using a CC from my American credit union to buy products that I'm putting on my American truck, I'd like them to at least be made in America. It may not be much but I'd like to think I'm doing my part by keeping the American dollar where it belongs - in America. LOL

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
I'm curious, can you (or anyone else that reads this) check the box for glowshift and see where they're made?

Autometers (and IssPro) are made in America. Not saying that means better but since I'm American and I'm using a CC from my American credit union to buy products that I'm putting on my American truck, I'd like them to at least be made in America. It may not be much but I'd like to think I'm doing my part by keeping the American dollar where it belongs - in America. LOL
You think every part on your truck is american made?

LOL

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
I have glowshifts they arnt a month old yet and I have had alot of little anoying issues. The egt guage was jumping around but after a few hard runs it has been working perfect, The boost guage was flickering but has stoped, they did change colors by them selves i got the faces lined up with the buttons to change color and that problem stoped. They dont save the last color you choose like they say they do. they are low quality but read acurate not to mention they are have the price of any other brand.

On that note if I have one more issue I am going to call glow shift and ask for new ones.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand that cheaper parts are, well... cheaper. I was just curious as to how much cheaper they are. As for buying american, I do it every chance I get, when it makes sense. Times are tough, and when it comes to something I want, but don't necessarily need, Im going to shop around and get things that have a price tag that is attractive, but still work. I bought a locally made $1000 centrifuge on Saturday (witch was local business Saturday) instead of going to one of the major big brands, so I feel Im doing my part :)

·
Pre-K
410 Posts
You think every part on your truck is american made?

LOL
To the best of my ability every part I put on it is, yes.

As I said, 'it may not be much but....'

All the people that have the mindset of "Most people already do" "I'm only one person" "most of the time I do" "won't make no difference" should really look into how buying things that are not made in your country (community) can effect the economy in the long run. The profit to GlowShift from that one set probably allowed two 8 year old chinese girls to work another two weeks on $3 a day.

"Times are tough" Yea... They're tough because everyone is buying shlt that's Made in China. :psn: Why'd you buy a PSD? Should've bought a Prius.... they work. ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not going to get into a pissing match over the buy in america issue, we both agree its better to buy domestic... lets keep it to the topic at hand please :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have glowshifts they arnt a month old yet and I have had alot of little anoying issues. The egt guage was jumping around but after a few hard runs it has been working perfect, The boost guage was flickering but has stoped, they did change colors by them selves i got the faces lined up with the buttons to change color and that problem stoped. They dont save the last color you choose like they say they do. they are low quality but read acurate not to mention they are have the price of any other brand.

On that note if I have one more issue I am going to call glow shift and ask for new ones.
Do you have the constant (yellow?) wire hooked up to a good source? My glowshifts keep my color saved.

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Do you have the constant (yellow?) wire hooked up to a good source? My glowshifts keep my color saved.
Yea i got them to stay a color and work. All the wireing is good. Its not all of them that do it. They work best on blue

·
Registered
83 Posts
ive had my glowshifts for 3 years in 2 different trucks and they work fine i havent had any problems. and they stay the same color if they are wired right

1 - 20 of 24 Posts