Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Addicted Offroad
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I mounted mine yesterday. All good except the fuel pressure is bouncing all over the place due to the mechanical fuel pump.

So, is there a way to keep it more constant? It fluctuates at least 20-30psi pretty much all the time. I installed it where the schrader valve was.

Will a needle valve type connector work? What have you guys done to slow it down?

****On a side note, if you order the 3 in 1 with Boost, Pyrometer, and Fuel pressure, make sure you ID the sending units correctly. The boost sending unit and fuel pressure sending unit look identical. Well, they aren't, and you can barely read the 60psi on the boost one. I installed them backwards at first and it scared me since I was only getting 7psi and WOT. I swapped them, and saw 18psi at WOT.

·
Addicted Offroad
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, and on another side note. My biggest issue with this gauge is that in the daytime, the reflection on it makes it damn hard to read the EGTs and Fuel pressure portion.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have glowshifts also the 4 in 1 ones. my jumps around some times. put for the most part it works fine. when it does jump around its 30-40 or 80-100. WOT iit will drop to 25ish hwy speeds it stays around 60-70 i think. i may have to look again.

·
Addicted Offroad
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have glowshifts also the 4 in 1 ones. my jumps around some times. put for the most part it works fine. when it does jump around its 30-40 or 80-100. WOT iit will drop to 25ish hwy speeds it stays around 60-70 i think. i may have to look again.
Did you put it in the same spot? Where the schrader valve was?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Unless you go e-fuel, you will probly have those pulsations... They make a thing called a fuel snubber, used on BIG rigs allot..... It dampens the pulses from the fuel psi, just for the fuel psi gages in the trucks..... You could adapt them with some fittings im sure!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Is yours the white face 3 n 1? and do you have the part number? I was wanting to get the 3in1 white face with fuel, boost, and pyro...... Also what did you use for a pod???

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just looked. Autometer has fuel snubbers.... Google fuel snubber....They have one just for cummins 5.9s 98-02. Not sure if this could be adapted for our 7.3s.

·
Addicted Offroad
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is yours the white face 3 n 1? and do you have the part number? I was wanting to get the 3in1 white face with fuel, boost, and pyro...... Also what did you use for a pod???
I went with the black face to match the current look in the truck. I used the pod it came in as I saw no reason for an a-pillar setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts