Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dieselholic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting glow shift gauges for my truck, im getting fuel pressure 0-100psi, pyro and boost 0-35psi, will i have any problems with the needle bouncing on the fuel pressure gauge?:confused:

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
I run glow shift gauges and I havnt had a problem with any of them what so ever. Had em about a year and a half.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
GlowShift is good. Very underrated IMO.

I like mine but would like to trade them out. They are hard to see in the daytime with the tinted lenses is why.

·
Dieselholic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard of people talking about the needle on the fuel gauge might bounce since its a 94.5 with a mechanical fuel pump. Where could I even tap into to put the sending unit? I was thinking the shrader valve on the side of the fuel bowl, does anyone know what thread it is or is a "special" thread?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Well since you are a diesel tech I will let you in on a secret. That mechanical fuel pump you refer to is found on every powerstroke 7.3 from 94.5-97. They changed over to a dead head electric pump system with the body change to the superduty.

That "special thread" you are asking about where the schrader valve is located on the fuel pressure regulator, which is bolted to the fuel bowl, is 1/8" NPT.

·
Dieselholic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that every obs has a mechanical fuel pump, but is there constant pressure in the fuel bowl or does is pulse from filling up the injectors. And I didn't know if it was different thread from the plugs in the side of the fuel bowl or not.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
No there isn't any pressure in stock form in the fuel bowl. The pressure is in the FPR. It is a bypass PFR system. There is pulsation in the FPR due to the pump being mechanical. If you are asking if the gauge will bounce around then yes probably. I know the mechanical gauges do but there is a snubber that you can install that will limit the amount of variation in the line.

·
Dieselholic
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks thats what i needed to know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts