Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the glow shift gauges and pillar would like to hear the pos and neg from people that are or have used them.

·
Missouri 05
69 Posts
I have the oil, water, and EGT temp gauges 10 color. Had them for about 1 year so far no problems. I would recommend them for the money.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
i thought the egt probe was cheaply made on the guage set from them i had. I actually though enough of it to sell the whole set cause i was afraid the thermocouple would break off after a few years of use and go through the turbo... that was just my worry with them, i like the beefier thermocouple of the other guage makers

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
I have the tinted 7 color gauges for about a year and a half and i really like them but ive had problems with fuel and oil pressure senders! i replaced each once already and am about to do it again. The new elite series has a different sender so you may have better luck with them.
Their customer service has always been good whenever i had an issue and they are replaced my gauges quickly.
They are good and accurate as long as the sender holds up, but thats a hit or miss thing. Hope this helps a little

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have had mine for like 5 months and no problems. All my buddies have the same gauges. I say go for it

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
They are by far the worst quality gauges out there. There sending units fail. The color switchers always get stuck and there fish hose boost tubing is horrible under higher boost. Seems like walmart should be selling them in there tuner section. Dont even get me started on there pods.

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
Had mine for over a year now. Only had one temp sending unit fail out of the box, replaced no hassle.... pod is good.... best bang for the buck

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have the quad pod with oil temp, fuel psi, water temp, and egt.

Been almost a year, Fuel PSI sending units tend to go bad after a about 6 months, starts to read way high (atleast mine did) replace sending unit and it reads good for about another 4-5 months then start to fluctuate.

Oil Temp sendor had a hard time reading good, actually it will fluctuate by 20-30 degrees goin down the highway. Replaced it and its working good now.

Mine are the 7 color, I have heard the 10 color are much better gauges.

My Pod fits real tight and nice, gauges look great, I get compliments all the time on them. Just wish the sending units where better quality. Good thing is Glowshift must know they have issues cause they have always replaced mine no questions asked.

They are by far the best bang for the buck on gauges. But remeber, in the end you get what you pay for. I bought them casue I knew it was only going to be for a year or so....not sure I would reccomend them for the long haul. I will be selling mine soon to upgrade to an Edge CTS.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Fuel PSI sending units tend to go bad after a about 6 months, starts to read way high (atleast mine did) replace sending unit and it reads good for about another 4-5 months then start to fluctuate.
Same exact thing mine does

·
Looking,Listening&Learnin
79 Posts
got them in mine and havent had any problems yet. ive only got boost and egt though

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Quad with water & trans temp, EGT and volts plus air gauge for my air tank, I have them well over 3 year with no problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They are JUNK. Bought the 3 n 1 diesel combo gauge, didn't work right out of the box waited 5 weeks till the "updated" unit got sent and it was hit or miss if it would work. So i called them and wanted my money back and they said since I have had it for over 30 days they cant...........after some chating with the manger I got my money back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts