Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the least important of my 3 gauges still works. The turbo psi gauge. Woohoo! The transmission gauge is stuck at 300 and it does cycle on when I start the truck. The EGT gauge is useless after ~800. This video is just driving down the road at 65. Should be around 600 or a little higher. I plan to get isspro trans and EGT. Paid 200 for a gauge pod and turbo gauge.
Crappy video but shows how crappy they are after 8 months.

·
Registered
853 Posts
iv heard the glo shift gauges are pretty unreliable

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Yeh, my boost gauge is starting to stick. Lucky that is the only one I have.

·
Registered
853 Posts
iv heard the electronic gauges are more reliable due to the digital read out

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might see if they will replace with max tow series but these suck. Greatly disappointed.

·
Chachi
237 Posts
I have had my glowshift gauges for 2 years now, still working and functioning properly, most people that I see with the same gauges as me I ask them to show me how they wired them up and the #### is n***** riged, so idk how you all put them in put don't cut corner and do it right and you wont have a problem

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Electric wise mine are good just a little stick once and awhile. I have had this one for 2 yrs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had my glowshift gauges for 2 years now, still working and functioning properly, most people that I see with the same gauges as me I ask them to show me how they wired them up and the #### is n***** riged, so idk how you all put them in put don't cut corner and do it right and you wont have a problem
I think for some reason the weather has messed with them. In the summer towing my travel trailer they worked just fine and did for roughly 5 months. Then winter hit, it was right around 0 for a couple weeks and since then they haven't worked. I wired them up as instructed and they functioned fine for a while. They still light up and cycle fine so I doubt it's the wiring. It seems to be the probes that are sending inaccurate readings with the transmission temp one being all the way shot. I'll call them this weekend and see if they'll send me new ones but I just don't want to have to reinstall and then have them crap out again

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea I've had no problems with mine going on 3 years...but seems like you can either get a good batch or a bad batch....kinda hit or miss

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
so are the senders dead, or the gauge, or funky wiring?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so are the senders dead, or the gauge, or funky wiring?
My guess would be the probes but I will do some more investigating on my weekend in a couple days. The gauges cycle just fine when starting the truck so I don't think it's a gauge issue (although it could be).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts