·
FNG
6,018 Posts
THose are junk anyway

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
THose are junk anyway
Dave don't jump to conclusions. They are really good gauges for the money.

Jomax we can get you that gauge package to your door for $210:D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why does everyone bomb on Glow Shift?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna go with the 3 in 1 Guage you have a online store?

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
Why does everyone bomb on Glow Shift?
Because they are cheap....people associate cheap with poor quality.

I don't have one at the moment but I can send you an online invoice:D

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seriously? Some people like them and have good luck and some dont.....

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
haven't gotten around to looking yet, but this isn't the first or the 2nd or the 3rd time these guages have had problems.. i already told you about them. You do make sure to tell everyone they will need extra wire and boost line right?? i only ask b/c the line they sent us, SUCKED.... and every wire needed about an extra 2 feet or so IIRC.. :doh:

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Seriously? Some people like them and have good luck and some dont.....
I like to mess with Paul on the glowshifts. If thats what you like, get 'em and seriously GOOD LUCK with them... I'm not about to tell you what to buy for your own truck. LOL I just know that none will see my truck.. :ford:

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
haven't gotten around to looking yet, but this isn't the first or the 2nd or the 3rd time these guages have had problems.. i already told you about them. You do make sure to tell everyone they will need extra wire and boost line right?? i only ask b/c the line they sent us, SUCKED.... and every wire needed about an extra 2 feet or so IIRC.. :doh:
All gauges need extra wire than they come with but if you get the Free wiring harness with the gauges you shouldn't need any extra wire and you only need extra tube if your going to the map sensor.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
All gauges need extra wire than they come with but if you get the Free wiring harness with the gauges you shouldn't need any extra wire and you only need extra tube if your going to the map sensor.
I didn't need anything extra w/ my guages, but my brother needed tubing and lots o wire.. It's on a cummins so the boost line isn't going very far either.. I'm also not a huge fan of the boost line they use.. i like the hard line w/ compression fittings over that rubber line they use... it kept blowing off the intake when we dyno'd my brother's Dodge..

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
I didn't need anything extra w/ my guages, but my brother needed tubing and lots o wire.. It's on a cummins so the boost line isn't going very far either.. I'm also not a huge fan of the boost line they use.. i like the hard line w/ compression fittings over that rubber line they use... it kept blowing off the intake when we dyno'd my brother's Dodge..
Don't worry thats being addressed right now;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have had them on 2 different trucks and I have liked them. No problems yet.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
I've had my Glowshift guages for a little over a year and they are great. They are just as accurate as any other guage and i get 7 different back lights.

I wasn't worried about the wiring, I just made my own harness. And their customer service is awesome. When i originally installed my guages the trans guage wasn't working. After they sent me 2 guages and 1 sending unit free of charge i realized i didn't have the trans temp guage's ground wire connected.:doh:

You cant go wrong with Glowshift, there are gonna be haters out there for every product. And some of those haters have never even had them, they just know somebody that knows somebody that had bad luck.

·
Ticking time bomb
2,385 Posts
I run glow shift and they came with every thing and work just fine lasted longer than my autometer..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a couple of their gauges, Blue Digital Series and have had no problems.

You can use coupon code: Save10Sept for 10% off @ Glowshift.com

That will save you $20 off the $50 extra for the EGT gauge.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have been selling the Glow Shift gauges for over 2 years and I love them and run them in every truck I own.

Now do they have problems?? YES, and I will be the first to admit this.

They have been having sending unit issues for several months now on their 30psi fuel pressure gauges. I don't know how many we have went threw now on the Cummins but for some reason they just can't seem to get them to all work properly. Some do and some don't.

I will also agree the boost line is a little cheesy. However I have always had enough for any model and it has never failed yet and we have sold and installed a TON of these.

Some of their pods are also pretty cheesy looking but by now I now which ones to buy and which ones to order from Auto Meter.

Other than those couple things I cannot think of any other real problems with them. I also sale the Auto Meters and Isspros and I have had issues with those higher priced brands also and most likely just as many.

One thing Glow Shift has I do not like is the 3-in-1 gauges and the customers that got them also do not like them. Matter of fact I have to replace one of them with a 3 gauge A-pillar setup soon as the customer gets time to drop the truck off for a couple hours. The little digital readout is is a PITA to read driving done the road and my customers and myself think they need the Pyro to be the sweep gauge as it is the most important thing to be able to see at a glance. I have mentioned this repeatedly to my Glow Shift rep but I have yet to see any changes.

These gauges are the best bang for the buck out there and I feel they are good quality from what I have seen.

I will agree with Paul that people see the price and automaticly think they are junk. But I can tell from lots of experiance that they are not. Matter of fact I have 5 or 6 sets setting here for installation next week.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts