Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking here for awhile guess it's time to start my own thread.
Here's he story. Sense I got this truck 2 years ago I've had MAYBE 20 starts on plugs. Back in march I replaced my entire glowplug controller and everything was fine and dandy. Then put turbo on the truck got a few starts on plugs (maybe 5?) then started truck up one day even after the truck was running the relay kept clicking for quite awhile not the normal 4-5 clicks and the wts light kept flickering for a good minute till I shutthe truck off. Haven't had plugs sense and I'm REALLY needing them now that it's starting to get cold.
Now that given. There's 8 NEW motorcraft zd-9 glowplugs. Still no go on the plugs. Wiring harness checked out fine don't think I did that right tho.
There's 12.5 volts coming into the controller from the big two yellow wires. But nothing leaving the relY not sending power to the plugs. I've done my best checking everything just hoping it's not the controller because that's EXSPENSIVE.
What do you guys think?? Any help is much appreciated.

·
IDI for life
338 Posts
Might just be a bad solenoid, from what youre saying about the clicking tho im inclined to say controller, which may have burnt out the solenoid. You can run 12v to a push button then to the solenoid and that should give you manual control over them.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I e grounded it to about 8 different things. Right now it's grounded to the valve cover.
I'm 99% sure it's the controller but checking everything I possibly can. Damn things expensive.
Will push button work with a bad controller? If so that's going to be my next step.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts