Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of where to get a deal on a full set of 8 glow plugs and the module? After some research I think I want to stay w/ Motorcraft plugs. And I've seen several places selling what they call a "relay module" and the picture (labeled "generic") shows a plain round relay- in my understanding, the truck has EITHER a module (rectangular box) OR round relay (which mine would be the first). Seen em priced from $50-180: kind of a range there, so wondering if anyone's had to purchase before and where u went? Thanks!!

·
Keyboard Thug
2,855 Posts
Do NOT use Motorcraft plugs. International or Beru only. Not sure what research led you to choose Motorcraft but they are the ones that do not last very long and will swell up and seize in your heads. Have a buddy running on 7 GP's right now for that very reason.

The Stancor relay is by far the best you can buy and is around $50 these days.

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
Do NOT use Motorcraft plugs. International or Beru only. Not sure what research led you to choose Motorcraft but they are the ones that do not last very long and will swell up and seize in your heads. Have a buddy running on 7 GP's right now for that very reason.

The Stancor relay is by far the best you can buy and is around $50 these days.
Gonna have to disagree with the above info as I have motorcraft ZD-11 plugs in my truck and there are other members on here that have the Motorcraft plugs, its Autolites that swell up and break off in the heads.

OP if you need pricing on stancor relays and motorcraft zd-11 plugs shoot me a pm.

·
Keyboard Thug
2,855 Posts
Gonna have to disagree with the above info as I have motorcraft ZD-11 plugs in my truck and there are other members on here that have the Motorcraft plugs, its Autolites that swell up and break off in the heads.

OP if you need pricing on stancor relays and motorcraft zd-11 plugs shoot me a pm.
Thanks for the correction Rob, you are correct it was the Autolites I was thinking of, I hadn't even had my first cup yet lol.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
If it is a cali truck it has a module...aka box..stancor no worky for that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, truck was originally sold in Cali. I took a look on the passenger side of the engine and there's an aluminum finned looking box sitting right there in plain sight with 2 harness plugs going into it.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Yep thats the module alot of the excusions had them too.
Iirc they can run 150 bucks +\-

Not sure how you test them...seems like gp run 115 volt ac.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tested by measuring Ohms across it. Has a lot of resistance= needs replacement. Had the ford guy check it to be certain and, yeah, she's pretty tired along with the plugs. Figures at 222,XXX that I'll have to replace a "wear item" now and then!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts