Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased one off ebay that has 90 degree mounting base but doesn't fit. I would have to dremel out the hole lengths to make it fit. It's shorter than the factory one and not sure if that means it's not as good or wont last as long or what. The company said they haven't had any complaints before. How could I be the only one? I heard that the price of a new factory replacement relay is around $100.00 and I bought mine shipped for under $30.00. Anyone run this one or know of a better one to run or have info about these?

·
JDG's #1 Fan
3,470 Posts
alot of guys will chime in and say a Stancor is the best. Not sure on price of them.

I got mine two years ago from the local international dealer, they can cross reference the part #'s for you. Think I paid less than $50 and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine came from the ford dealership...but i got the hookup so it was cheaper :D

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
I run a western snow plow relay. It has been on for 3 years and I have had no problems with it. They cost about $15 and are rated for a ton of amps. If it went out I would not hesitate to put another one on.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I run the Western Plow one as well. It was $21.03 CDN when I bought it last spring.

·
Registered
317 Posts
you guys got part numbers or suppliers?
thats ALOT better than the stancor price wise...

·
Registered
174 Posts
The western Plow park number that I used was 56131K. The Stancor part number is 586-903. You can look on the web for a western Plow dealer and get the part from him. The mounting was slightly different and will require some modification to get both bolts to fit, but the price is right and it works well. I only am using one bolt to hold it on and it seems fine. Here is the dealer locator website for Western Plow.

Western Snow Plow Dealers - WesternPlows.com

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I bought mine reasonable from autozone, was a mitsubishi unit.
Works like a champ. Just follow directions uurc it had one unused lug but bolted right in.

·
Registered
317 Posts
thanks for the info....I dont guess I woulda ever thought to use
a snow plow relay....being from texas and all...LOL!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That Western Plow one sounds good and looks more like the factory bracket than any others I have seen. It will cost 24.36 for the relay to be shipped for the Western Plow from that site and I paid 24.00 shipped for mine so I will just make mine work and call it good then. They both seem to be about the same.

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
I think I only have one bolt holding my western relay in I can't remember now it has been so long but it is not an issue.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I only have one bolt holding mine on as well. I was close enough to the dealer to go an pick it up so shipping wasn't an issue.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
I'm running a Boss snow plow relay for mine.Cost $30 at a local dealer but its been good to me.Looks about the same as the western one.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I wish I had the relay, have the stupid module so its a each digit on the price if/when it goes out. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I run the Western relay as well. I only have one bolt holding it also, but its never been an issue. I can live with it for the price.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I wish I had the relay, have the stupid module so its a each digit on the price if/when it goes out. Fingers crossed.
do you have a cali truck or is it just newer?

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Excursion 2001 model made in 2000. Most all of them got it. I was surprised when I went to check as I had not seen them before as my late 99 cblb was relay as were all the trucks I had seen worked on up til then. The crappy part is they usually $150-$200 form dealers. Powerstrokeshop has them for $140 IIRC

1 - 19 of 19 Posts