Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Glow plug nightmare

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Weatherlite 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2006 f250 6.0 with 4x4 and around 197k miles.

I got a code for a cylinder 6 glowplug circuit failure so I decided to check it out. I pulled the inner fender out and used one of those harness pullers to get the harness off and of course it broke. i tried pulling on the wire and it broke as well. Then I tried the screw method and ended up just making a bigger mess out of it. Eventually i was able to pick the pieces out but a small piece of plastic dropped into the head (I saw it with a bore scope) Should I be worried? I really dont want to rip a valve cover off to try to recover one small piece of plastic. I shoved a little hose attached to a vacuum down in there and didnt see it anymore but im not 100% sure if I got it or not. I got every other piece out no metal made it in just a small piece of black plastic from the glow plug harness.

Thank you

#3 ·
If it were my truck, I would pull the valve cover off and get a good look. I know some who call it good and drive on, depending on how big the piece is. Your truck, your call. Sucks that it's the driver's side, because you have to take more crap off to get in there. I've been in that situation before of not knowing if the vacuum got something out. What I recommend for next time is to have a pair of stockings or pantyhose, and you tape some of the material over the end of the hose so that when you pull the hose away, anything that came out is trapped and you will be able to see it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.