Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search, but didn't find what I was looking for.

In the process of buying a 03 f350 7.3L and the owner stated he just had the glow plug module replaced. He was certain it was the module and not a relay. Carfax shows the truck originally sold in Arizona, so am I getting a California emissions truck or did the late 7.3s have the module?

If so, is this bad?

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Some did some did not. I just bought on that had the California emissions. No cat, did have the module. The module is good for checking glow plugs. It will tell you which one is bad. Other than that all seems the same. Mine is a 2000.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I also have a 2000 cali with module, without cat

will the glow plug codes show up in a scan?

·
Registered
561 Posts
02 Excursion- no cat, module. Seems kind of hit and miss. At least it seems a lot more burly than the factory relay

·
Registered
289 Posts
Heard the Cali models were detuned and had less horsepower...mine is from Cali but do not notice a lack of power.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Heard the Cali models were detuned and had less horsepower...mine is from Cali but do not notice a lack of power.
in stock form my CA truck dynoed 188rwhp 431rwtq... that's bang on from the stock ratings of 225hp at the crank minus 20% drivetrain loss through an auto.

perhaps a newer truck with a cat would be detuned..?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The motors were not detuned. My Cali emissions truck is rated at 275hp/525tq. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating for a F350 is 9700lb vs 9900 for all other F350 SRW. That is the only difference that I have been able to find. No differences in suspension or anything else except for the rating on the sticker. Not even sure why the different ratings.

Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts