Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I need help asap. I was driving my truck today, shut it off. When I went to turn it back on the (wait to start)light would not come on. The truck turns over but won't fully start. Service englin light also keeps coming on? I really need help me and my wife sharre the truck so we have no vehicle now. I am in Thornto, CO if u may know how to fix it please email me @ [email protected]... thanks a ton

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Do you have a chip installed? No wait to start means a few things: CPS, a bad computer or just chip / computer connection. Make sure the key is out of ignition and remove and re-insert the chip a few times to clean the connectors. See if it's that simple. Check for codes and report back with details on your truck. You should have a sig. with details to make it easier for members to respond to your questions.

·
super tuner
164 Posts
check the fuse box for fuse number 22, its probably toast.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Second the fuse 22! I always carry a spare now, but i also have the fuel bowl heater unplugged now.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Isn't the fuse for the fuel bowl heater #30 and located in the cab in a Super Duty? I am 99% sure that it is. Check it and if it is blown then you will need to unplug the fuel heater on the filter housing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a TS chip on my truck. It has been unplugged, I went to plug it in and I tried to start my truck right after and that's when the problems started. I checked the 30 fuse and it wasn't blown but I replaced it anyway. I replaced the rely under the hood in the fuse boxx and checked the 22 fuse and it was fine but also replaced it.. still nothing.. I have read everywhere that it could be the plug in on the fuel heater bowl. But if the 30 fuse isn't blowing would it help to unplug from the heater bowl? Last where is the heater bowl and all that located. I am really new to diesels so a picture or great description would be greatly appreciated.. thanks guys

·
Need more power!!
358 Posts
clean the contacts on the ecm again.

·
super tuner
164 Posts
if your problems started after messing with the contacts on the ECM then that is where your problem lies, clean them again and make sure you clean them good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the ECM the same as the PCM? And what connection. The connection to the chip? Or where it connects in the firewall.. I. Don't have the chip hooked up now. I tried it both hoopked up and unhooked. Do you think I could havr fried the PCM when hooking up the chip??

·
super tuner
164 Posts
The contacts where the chip plugs onto the circuit board come through the factory with silicone on them and NEED to be cleaned until you can see a miniscule hint of copper. if you dont clean them as good as required you do run the risk of frying the board and possibly the chip, or so i read per-TS instructions. i would use some dielectric grease on the firewall connection as well. the ECM and PCM are the same thing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok the board is all cleaned. Still nothing. My buddy has a 2000 F350 I am gonna try his PCM on my truck and see if it starts.. I am kinda at a stand still at this point and super frusterated..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts