Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a CA 01 f250 7.3 and it has thrown 2 codes one for the #6 glow plug and one for the Glow plug controller. So I read the forum in the library and my question is, will the glow plug alone throw both codes, and I have the part number for the glow plugs but all I can find in here is GPR-109 for the relay. Does anyone know the part number for the controller on the CA trucks?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The codes were 0683 and 0676. The 0676 is the glow plug on cyl. # 6 The 0683 I'm going to go look up now and see if I can find a bit more info.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The 0683 is a Communication fault between your California GPCM and the PCM. It has no effect on GP performance or starting, but if you need to get smogged it will always set the light. I had that one for over 4 years and spend my winters in temps around 10* to -10* and never have had a problem.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Check the GPCM for burnt plugs... There is a green plug and a black plug, pull them both and check them.

I got sick of dicking with the GPCM and its $200 replacement cost so I swapped my wifes excursion over to a pickup PCM and standard top of motor harness... She now runs a $30 GPR-109 from napa and starts every morning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok tomorrow I will go and check the connection and see what I can find. Does this happen often, and does it mean the GPCM is out toast or is there some way to check?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts