Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when we changed the turbo a few weeks ago, we unhooked the AIH to get the spider out, when we put it all back together the nut got put back on the aih but was left loose, setting off a dtc code. so i tightened the nut and made sure it was connected correctly, but now neither my glow plugs or the AIH turn on. i cant find a fuse listing anywhere in my manual, is this a fused circuit or does ford use a "fusible link" somewhere in this?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone...?

·
Registered
23 Posts
looking at the evtm there are 2 fuse links before the glow plug relay and there are both gray, the air heater is tried in too, i think they bolt on at the passager side battery positive post

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
anyone...?
Are you sure the AIH is wired correctly. It has an insulator between the thick hot wire and ground. Is this all that you have noticed since? There are no DTC's stored since you cleared the AIH code? How do you know the GP's are not working? Is it hard to start cold, or does it run rough cold? Are you missing the WTS light? Are you sure nothing else has since crapped out? Do you have a GP Relay or GP Control Module? Ca trucks do not have a GP relay, but do have a GPCM. Did you check the AIH relay? If you had a loose connection it is possible that you fried the AIH relay, or confused it with the GP relay since they are close to one another. Does the AIH work now that you tightened the connector?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it wont start at all if its below 30, everything was wired right on the AIH, just left loose. the glow plug and AIH relays are working, you can trip them with a screwdriver and it will start, but the truck wont kick them on with the key. after i tightened the AIH and cleared the codes, none came back

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anything...?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
anything...?
Sounds like your not getting the relay energized. I assume you have checked fuses. Failing that I would look into the relay and why it is not getting energized. I have included the pin out for the PCM. Pin 8 is the GP relay and pin 3 is the AIH relay. If you have an open in the GP relay circuit it will make them all not work. If you had a short they would be always on. However this last condition will result in the GP's burning out.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts