Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got one or know much about them? It's my little bro's 21st comin up, and Dad and I are gonna get him a pistol, and in one of his buyer's guides I've managed him to spill that it is a viable option.

But We don't know much about guns, and would prefer it be a surprise. So are they good handguns? Any other suggestions in the same price and caliber?

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
Glock 21 is a great pistol. The grip is a little big because its a double stack .45acp. As long as he doesnt have little hands he would love the pistol. Glocks are hard to beat in terms of realibility.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, he's 6'4 and I'm pretty sure he'd like the extra capacity.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
There is also the Glock 21SF, Which they slimmed the grip down some. I would say either one would be hard to beat and a hell of a Birthday Present.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
If you are getting a 21, get the 21SF. The grip is MUCH more comfortable than the standard 21, I have both. I am 6'3, 300 lbs with a BIG hand.

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Roger, I'll check it out. Is it still 13, or drop it back to 8 rounds? Not that it prolly matters much.

·
Registered
116 Posts
glocks are great guns but I prefer springfield for semi auto, check out their xd 45 I love it...either way great gift he is gonna be stoked

·
Registered
116 Posts
hey just noticed you were in prineville....I go riding and crawling out there all the time... great area for shooting too, get him a 50 cal rifle with the distance you got out there :evil:D

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The XD was one of his other options, but he sounded more into the Glock.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Depends on what it's for..... For concealed carry I don't think the Glock 36 can be beat. But if it's just for general use and a bit of range time I would go with a 9mm (model 17) or 40 S&W (model 22). The ammo is a heck of a lot cheaper....

BTW I am a Glock fan. But in 9mm I think the Ruger SR9 is one of the best shooting 9's out there.......

My $.02

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
SR9 is what I plan on getting one of these days...

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Question for you Glock lovers out there ( I own a Glock 17 BTW and like it just fine) but for a Conceal Carry why would you carry a Glock? If you dont carry it with a round in the pipe fine but I like to be prepared and always carry with a round in the chamber. I for one would like to keep all my toes so my CC guns have a REAL safty on them. What about you.... how do you guys carry your Glocks?

I would go with the XD over the Glock if it was me.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Question for you Glock lovers out there ( I own a Glock 17 BTW and like it just fine) but for a Conceal Carry why would you carry a Glock? If you dont carry it with a round in the pipe fine but I like to be prepared and always carry with a round in the chamber. I for one would like to keep all my toes so my CC guns have a REAL safty on them. What about you.... how do you guys carry your Glocks?

I would go with the XD over the Glock if it was me.
I personally would never buy a pistol for carry that has a thumb safety, I would hate to have nothing happen when you need it to go bang, which is why when I carry there is a round in the chamber.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I completely agree about carrying with a round in the chamber. But there are options of not having a thumb safty and still being better IMO than a glock. I think the thumb safty is a personal deal some like it some dont. Sig's have a decocker on them and you can carry with one in the chamber and have hardly zero fear of a accidental discharge. I personally think you could darn near destroy the gun and still not have it go off.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I own a 21SF and a 23 as well as some other brands. I love both of them and have no problem carrying the majority of my pistols concealed. As for whether or not to carry with one in the hole, a pistol without one in the hole is a useless pistol to me. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I completely agree about carrying with a round in the chamber. But there are options of not having a thumb safty and still being better IMO than a glock. I think the thumb safty is a personal deal some like it some dont. Sig's have a decocker on them and you can carry with one in the chamber and have hardly zero fear of a accidental discharge. I personally think you could darn near destroy the gun and still not have it go off.
I agree that it is personal choice- mine is to not have a thumb safety, I just sold an xd45 and really liked the grip safety I will most likely buy another but in a compact frame. Again just my .02

·
Registered
845 Posts
I carry with one in the chamber. I also spend a lot of money on training. With a Glock or any weapon you never have you finger inside the trigger guard till It's time to do the deed..... Which I pray never happens.....

·
Da broke trucker!
15 Posts
Guys I have 2 21s and a 22 and my brother has the XD. The XD is evreything that the glock is and built with the correct style saftey on it. I would not buy another Glock due to the fact that I have seen and have had one discharge when putting into a holster. Be smart and really look into the features of the XD.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts