Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys did a search but never really found what I was looking for. So buddy of mine gave me his 1705 programer as he sold his truck a few years ago. I'm thinking the "program" went with the truck but not sure. Not even messed with it yet.... My question is, if the program went with the truck the stock program off the truck will be on the programer and it will be locked right? This thing can still be used for a code reader?

I don't really have a use for it I don't think. Already have 3 old style TW 4 position chipsets and as I have AE here next week not sure need to mess with this. Have no intention of hooking to the truck other than seeing if it's locked. Just wondering if there is any value or if I should deep six it?

Thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
If the tune went with the truck the programmer unit will be locked... You could use it as a code reader... But why bother when you have ae??? It may be useful to someone as a code reader but sounds useless to you and they don't have much value. Super chip won't even service those units anymore even to unlock them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts