Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well I'm finally fed up with washing my truck just to come out and see soap scum all over it after im done. I have tried rinsing the crap out of it and nothing works. Now that i have new black wheels its even more noticeable! Im about to give up and not wash it LOL. Also, off topic but still pisses me off, the jack asses who put my wheels on werent careful and chipped off the powdercoat around each lug!:mad::mad: What should i do about that? Not that its a show truck and it really matters but still! Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
459 Posts
use better soap. and id make them pay for them wheels arent cheep and when some one elts messed them up its bull ####. make them buy them

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Could also be the quality of your water. My last house had well water and my truck looked great when I was finished washing. The first time I washed my truck at my current house it actually looked worse afterwards. I ended up buying a whole house water conditioning system just for that reason. LOL

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just might try that, I didn't buy $400 wheels and pay $60 to have them mounted for them to ruin them. Now they will most likely chip away from those exposed spots too. The worst part is that its a small shop so Im not sure if they will fess up or not. I do have a receipt though. I might go now and do that.

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Yea you might have hard water, I know we do.

I just go ahead and wash my truck with the hose like normal. Then after I'm done I use a quick detailer like ICE and it takes all the water spots and stuff off. It's only like $7 a bottle too.

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that i think of it we do have very hard water LOL. I was thinking about one of those hose attachment things that filters the water? Would that work? and I may have to look into a quick detailer, even though i would hate to do that after working hard on it haha.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You also may try blowing your truck and wheels dry with a blower. I use a leaf blower and it drys everything on my black truck and black Shelby Cobra. No spots at all.

You can also buy a blower with heat just for cars and truck.

·
My other twin turbo...
1,066 Posts
I keep the vehicle wet the whole time I'm washing it, don't let any part get dry. I like Zip wash or Ice car wash. The drying process is almost as important as the wash. You have to start at the top and dry with a good shammy, (and good ones are almost impossible to find) or better yet a synthetic shammy, and rub that sucker very dry. Takes me damn 4 hours to wash and dry it.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
yeah I had water marks get stuck on my truck from hard water here. Only way I got it off was when I clay barred and waxed the truck last week with a buffer

·
POWERSTROKEMIKE
535 Posts
use the mr clean.. cleaning kit.. i use just the filter to rinse my truck.. no more hard water spots.. plus easier to dry.. i use reg soap to wash (not in the gun)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Make sure you wash it in a shady spot to where the sun dont dry the water up before your done washing and then wipe it down real good with a non lint towl i don't usually have the problem with water spots and stuff doing this in the shade but i also wax my truck every time i wash it and it gets washed atleast once a week

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
use better soap and dry after washing!! you have to use a PH NEG soap,, adams is what i use and i have very bad hard water and i dont get water spots at all with that soap

·
Registered
101 Posts
Would you happen to have a link?
http://www.nakidparts.com/4th.html

I have used a leaf blower for years. It is great to blow water out the cracks etc. Using a leaf blower with a well waxed car or truck is the only way to go. It's fast and helps prevent swirls marks. You dry about 90% of the car with the leaf blower and then just go over the few water spots you may still have with a microfiber towel. Also great on wheels and blowing all the water out of places you can't get. Also a lot cheaper than the one in the link.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
i have very hard water so i have to dry it off or it looks like chit i always use the leaf blower then when i get all i can i use a deerskin chamois to get the last of it. dont know where to get it my dad bought it something like 30 years ago LOL.. also you can use 000 steel wool on the windows to get all the spots off

1 - 18 of 18 Posts