Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forums, I'm not new to Ford's or PSDs. I've had a 95 3.0 5spd ranger go 413k miles, 99.5 F350 DRW 7.3 4*4 6spd get overloaded daily for 331k and have a 10 F350 DRW 4*4 6.4 with a 6spd.They all ran well when sold... current truck is doing great!
I'm looking to order a New truck for more GVW and a power bunp.
I'm ordering a F450 4*4 Crew cab in December.
I'm on the fence about whether to option out a Lariat minus the glass roof or get a KR. I think the tailgate on the KR is gaudy..but like the seats.. otherwise the KR will be optioned just like the Lariat as I checked the boxes.
Advise on Optioned out Lariat vs KR?
Any issues with the 20+ Trucks or the PSDs?
How is the Torqueshift 10? I've driven the 5r110 and 6r140 and they were beasts of a trans. Is the 10spd just as overbuilt?
I will post as more questions arise..bear with me...
Thank you,
Dustin

·
Jim D's '19 F-450 Dually
74 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forums, I'm not new to Ford's or PSDs. I've had a 95 3.0 5spd ranger go 413k miles, 99.5 F350 DRW 7.3 4*4 6spd get overloaded daily for 331k and have a 10 F350 DRW 4*4 6.4 with a 6spd.They all ran well when sold... current truck is doing great!
I'm looking to order a New truck for more GVW and a power bunp.
I'm ordering a F450 4*4 Crew cab in December.
I'm on the fence about whether to option out a Lariat minus the glass roof or get a KR. I think the tailgate on the KR is gaudy..but like the seats.. otherwise the KR will be optioned just like the Lariat as I checked the boxes.
Advise on Optioned out Lariat vs KR?
Any issues with the 20+ Trucks or the PSDs?
How is the Torqueshift 10? I've driven the 5r110 and 6r140 and they were beasts of a trans. Is the 10spd just as overbuilt?
I will post as more questions arise..bear with me...
Thank you,
Dustin
I saw 17 days and NO REPLIES and felt bad! I have a (lowly) 2019 F-450 XLT, so can't answer any of your "Option" questions! I bought mine off a lot because I didn't have a lot of choice back then - needed an F-450 and was buying a new slide-in camper as well, and there were NO F-450's in the Northeast! I had to drive from MA to OH to finally pickup this truck and it came with several options I never would have ordered, like that huge pane of glass on the roof, for one! It's usually covered by the camper anyway!!! Enough of that... I belong to the Facebook F-450 Owner's Group and a lot of the guys on there really like their new 10 speed transmissions on their 2020's - I am perfectly happy with my 6 speed but have not driven a 2020 either, so don't know the feeling. These 6.7l Powerstroke's have so much torque, I really don't see the need for the 10 speed - the gasoline engines, I'm sure it MUST make a hell of a difference!!! So there's my two cents Dustin - hope I've helped? My F-450 carries my 5800+ pound Arctic Fox AF1140 camper like it isn't even there!!! (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim for the response. Yes, you have answered some questions, I appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts