Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forums, I'm not new to Ford's or PSDs. I've had a 95 3.0 5spd ranger go 413k miles, 99.5 F350 DRW 7.3 4*4 6spd get overloaded daily for 331k and have a 10 F350 DRW 4*4 6.4 with a 6spd.They all ran well when sold... current truck is doing great!
I'm looking to order a New truck for more GVW and a power bunp.
I'm ordering a F450 4*4 Crew cab in December.
I'm on the fence about whether to option out a Lariat minus the glass roof or get a KR. I think the tailgate on the KR is gaudy..but like the seats.. otherwise the KR will be optioned just like the Lariat as I checked the boxes.
Advise on Optioned out Lariat vs KR?
Any issues with the 20+ Trucks or the PSDs?
How is the Torqueshift 10? I've driven the 5r110 and 6r140 and they were beasts of a trans. Is the 10spd just as overbuilt?
I will post as more questions arise..bear with me...
Thank you,
Dustin

·
Jim D's '19 F-450 Dually
75 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forums, I'm not new to Ford's or PSDs. I've had a 95 3.0 5spd ranger go 413k miles, 99.5 F350 DRW 7.3 4*4 6spd get overloaded daily for 331k and have a 10 F350 DRW 4*4 6.4 with a 6spd.They all ran well when sold... current truck is doing great!
I'm looking to order a New truck for more GVW and a power bunp.
I'm ordering a F450 4*4 Crew cab in December.
I'm on the fence about whether to option out a Lariat minus the glass roof or get a KR. I think the tailgate on the KR is gaudy..but like the seats.. otherwise the KR will be optioned just like the Lariat as I checked the boxes.
Advise on Optioned out Lariat vs KR?
Any issues with the 20+ Trucks or the PSDs?
How is the Torqueshift 10? I've driven the 5r110 and 6r140 and they were beasts of a trans. Is the 10spd just as overbuilt?
I will post as more questions arise..bear with me...
Thank you,
Dustin
I saw 17 days and NO REPLIES and felt bad! I have a (lowly) 2019 F-450 XLT, so can't answer any of your "Option" questions! I bought mine off a lot because I didn't have a lot of choice back then - needed an F-450 and was buying a new slide-in camper as well, and there were NO F-450's in the Northeast! I had to drive from MA to OH to finally pickup this truck and it came with several options I never would have ordered, like that huge pane of glass on the roof, for one! It's usually covered by the camper anyway!!! Enough of that... I belong to the Facebook F-450 Owner's Group and a lot of the guys on there really like their new 10 speed transmissions on their 2020's - I am perfectly happy with my 6 speed but have not driven a 2020 either, so don't know the feeling. These 6.7l Powerstroke's have so much torque, I really don't see the need for the 10 speed - the gasoline engines, I'm sure it MUST make a hell of a difference!!! So there's my two cents Dustin - hope I've helped? My F-450 carries my 5800+ pound Arctic Fox AF1140 camper like it isn't even there!!! (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will see if I can answer. I had a 15’PSD, 17’ PSD now a 2020 with the 10 speed. I opted for the 3:31 gears on this one. With the 10speed, I get 17 mpg in town. My other two got 14-15. The 10 speed from 3-5th are a little jerky but that is the way it shifts. I put a Pedal Commander on it. This think hauls ass. I scared my wife the other day passing a truck. I only have 1400 miles on it but so far so good. I have a loaded Lariat. I was upset that a $70k+ truck does not have a heated steering wheel like my 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've had a 16 F450 and a 17 F350 SRW and now a 2020 F350 SRW. The 2020 is a pulling machine, it will out tow every truck I have ever had. My 16 and 17 were tuned too. The 10 speed helps a lot on the acceleration. It doesn't help with the exhaust brake. My exhaust brake could be much better, it just won't build any back pressure. My truck only has 7K on it so I don't know about the longevity of the transmission. All I can say is it out towed a tuned 2018 Ram 3500 dually with 4.10 gears this hay season.

If you get the King Ranch get it without the Chrome package and I believe you will get just the standard painted tailgate. I think...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. I've decided to get the Lariat Ultimate.
Also is the Warn 16.5ti a good fit for it? I will mount it to a Ranch Hand Sport bumper.
You guys rock!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great winch! I have run Warn’s on all my toys. I was looking at Ranch Hand’s last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought a new 16.5ti and gave $1950 otd.
I'm still debating on a plastic bedliner or the rubber mat with the tailgate piece. Can the plastic bedliner be cut for the holes and chain bars to pull a gooseneck? Pros, Cons?
You guys are great!!
Dustin

·
Jim D's '19 F-450 Dually
75 Posts
I just bought a new 16.5ti and gave $1950 otd.
I'm still debating on a plastic bedliner or the rubber mat with the tailgate piece. Can the plastic bedliner be cut for the holes and chain bars to pull a gooseneck? Pros, Cons?
You guys are great!!
Dustin
I also have a spray in bedliner like 'sticker head' stated (AND a DeeZee Bed Mat as a cushion for the truck camper) - I hate plastic bedliners! I'd do that if you're concerned Dustin! Congrats on the Lariat Ultimate... enjoy it!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts