Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That seems to be why my truck has puked since day 1. The odd thing is my heater stopped working well. Glad they are fixin her up before winter. This is the second truck at almost identical mileage. I would have to say that Tuner's and exhausts have NOTHING to do with this issue. My trucks were not set up the same at all.

·
Oil anyone?
416 Posts
That sucks man, I have had good luck with mine and I've pulled with it 5 times with the insanity tune installed. But it is weird that this is your second truck with about the same milage but with problems. I thought the days of a monday truck and a friday day truck were gone.

·
Portable Park-N-Lot
393 Posts
I would say the reason it is puking is because of the possibility of head gasket failure. that is what the common problem is with puking.

I have been thru 3 EGR coolers and each time, my truck had never puked, only blew out white smoke everywhere. The EGR cooler fails because of the hot exhaust flowing over the coolant being re-circulated in the cooler. it is so hot, it causes the welds to loosen up in the cooler and therefore it dumps the coolant thru the exhaust.

just my personal experience. if you are running some HOT tunes that really kick up the HP, (like SCT custom tunes) the 6.0's will prolly puke.

then its time to do head studs, because the factory head bolts have stretched.

so yes, I would say that tuner's do play a part in the 6.0 puking problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They presssure tested the system. Everything is up to snuff. I know the issues with gaskets and have ARP studs in waiting but HG's are fine now. I hope they don't go but expect them too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say the reason it is puking is because of the possibility of head gasket failure. that is what the common problem is with puking.

I have been thru 3 EGR coolers and each time, my truck had never puked, only blew out white smoke everywhere. The EGR cooler fails because of the hot exhaust flowing over the coolant being re-circulated in the cooler. it is so hot, it causes the welds to loosen up in the cooler and therefore it dumps the coolant thru the exhaust.

just my personal experience. if you are running some HOT tunes that really kick up the HP, (like SCT custom tunes) the 6.0's will prolly puke.

then its time to do head studs, because the factory head bolts have stretched.

so yes, I would say that tuner's do play a part in the 6.0 puking problem.
Tuner's causing HG issues, I say yes but NOT EGR Coolers.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
just delete the cooler with a simple cut and weld and u wont ever have that issue again. Get whoever does ur tunes to turn the egr off and ur set. If it starts puking again u know its HG's

·
Portable Park-N-Lot
393 Posts
well, you said that the reason it is puking is because of the EGR. With the 3 EGR coolers i had replace, there was no evidence of puking what so ever. The puking was a result of head bolts stretching.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I meant to say, I know tuners cause HG's to go but not EGR's but that is what they thought. It is torn down and they just decided it is the HG's too. I should have it back middle of next week.

·
Portable Park-N-Lot
393 Posts
I meant to say, I know tuners cause HG's to go but not EGR's but that is what they thought. It is torn down and they just decided it is the HG's too. I should have it back middle of next week.
I think you got it right now, hope all goes well. sorry if I got confused by what you were saying or if I seemed snappy. :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They cab is off and I dropped the ARP's off. I might have the beast back by Thursday.
:ford:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts