Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im buying a live wire and im wondering is there anything i need to ask for with the race file like...Converter lock from 2nd up or...My truck has 355 gears if that helps...Just lmk what u guys think on i know on the 6.0 the converter locking made it pull harder on the big end but it felt funky when it would lock...

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Nope he has it all set up, you can select the gears that are in your truck and tires size, cool part is you can select race lock up or stock lock with firmer shifts. I ran the extreme race, stock lock firmer shifts around town, drove nice, the race lock up... well locks up right freakin now! LOL

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice...and thats awesome u can select the lock up...dued my 6.0 was that way locked up like a beasst

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Nope he has it all set up, you can select the gears that are in your truck and tires size, cool part is you can select race lock up or stock lock with firmer shifts. I ran the extreme race, stock lock firmer shifts around town, drove nice, the race lock up... well locks up right freakin now! LOL
:whs::whs:

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
THE BEST 399 dollars I have spent in all of the powerstrokes I have ever owned! You have to send your strategy for your truck. If it came with them gears he'll know it. Just make sure you can wipe the grin off of your face... :evil

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
nice...and thats awesome u can select the lock up...dued my 6.0 was that way locked up like a beasst
Yeah pulls like a frieght train if your on it right from the start, but hard to drive around town. You will be pleased with it, eric has his chit together, and if you delete the EGR you can turn it off as well, Pretty neat.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet guys thanks. How long does it take to change from lockup to regular lock? I remember dustin saying at the track the 6.4 took awile the 6.0 loaded pretty quick. So on the strategy im sure its the same as the 6.0 plug it in get the strategy email it to eric and BAM ur fryin tires in no time!!

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really damn thats a while...o well i guess what can u doo. Ill be on the race file unlocked most of the time...

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will do man i should have my tuner and tunes this week dpf/cat delete has been sitting here and i scored a used intake when i was in vegas off craigslist for 200 bucks so ITS ON!!!

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
really damn thats a while...o well i guess what can u doo. Ill be on the race file unlocked most of the time...
Yeah it kinda sucks that when you just make a change to the transmission it wont just flash the TCM, if that were the case it would only take about 5 min, but what can you do, like you said extreme race stock lock most of the time, retune when you get to the track no big deal.

·
Fierro Racing
1,509 Posts
you'll love the tunes

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i got the live wire got it mounted up. Just waiting for tunes to get emailed I cant wait....I cant remember how to load tunes its been so long....

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lmao helll ya man And thanks Eric!! What do i have to do to learn the tcm isnt there something special?

·
Registered
429 Posts
All i've done with mine is to drive "nicely" for 40miles or so, then let'er buck!!!! LOL

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
40 miles or so :doh: i will never make it that long lmao

·
Registered
429 Posts
LOL, that's want i do. Maybe Eric will chime in and tell you it wont take that long!!! LOL

I had a small issue with my tranny for a couple days, it would really buck hard coming out of 2nd, or maybe 3rd, when i gave her half throttle or so. But it seems good now. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts