Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its the 1st of the month yesterday so i make my way to the PX to pickup the new diesel mags to help with my infinite boredom here in the sandbox. While reading the newest (May 2010) Diesel World i noticed how they have an apparent biased against 6.0's. With "ill-fated" being one of the many negative adjectives for the motor. I know the 6.0 has its weak spots but so does almost any other engine. Why such the bad rep? I notice this alot. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I would guess from the head gasket failures that alot of them have had. I had mine replaced at 68,000 after 50k running a race tune. So I chit canned the SCT and run stock now, 98,000 and running strong. I have a 2005 6.0 flat bed dually that is towing boats every time it is driven and runs awesome. 165,000 miles never been touched.

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't bother me really cause i love mine, and i know several guys on here that like theirs just wondering other people's thoughts on it

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
ive seen my share of good and bad ones around here. they dont seem to last in the woods as logging crummys very well. but i see alot of them runnin around town as daily drivers and no problems. i dont know if i would ever get one myself after seeing the problems my friend has with his 2004 F550. seems to be in the shop every 6-8 months for a turbo, egr, headgaskets, and other misc. work but he packs 18k lbs daily on the truck through the woods on logging roads

·
Still learning
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
their just trying to put out a bad rep, even though 6.0s can be very reliable.

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
[2 Hours Ago 03:35 PM] !!!PainTrain!!!: shaking like Micheal J Fox
lol

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
i like my 06 6.0, but ive deleted my EGR and i plan on doing headstuds when the funds allow. I think i have some bad turbo seals at the current time, so thats really my first real problem with her(knock on wood), but hell she has 128k on her so something is bound to go bad.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Every truck has its problems i heard the Cummins was havin the same problem with injector tips coming off just like the 6.0, so i think every brand is dealing with the same issues.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
one of the big troubles with the 6.0's seems once they are a problem child they are always a problem child, like several turbos, several EGR issues and HG issues all before 100k while ones that are good are just straight up good.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
one of the big troubles with the 6.0's seems once they are a problem child they are always a problem child, like several turbos, several EGR issues and HG issues all before 100k while ones that are good are just straight up good.
:whs: :confused:

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
What came apart paintrain? All three times if ya mind sharein!!

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Of course the 6.0 is the problem child. You hear more bad stuff about them, cause there's so damn many of them on the road. Out sells dodge and chevy by a land slide. I would love to see the percentages of trucks going down for the same problem. I.E. Head gaskets, melted pistons ect along with it's manufacturer.

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
Of course the 6.0 is the problem child. You hear more bad stuff about them, cause there's so damn many of them on the road. Out sells dodge and chevy by a land slide. I would love to see the percentages of trucks going down for the same problem. I.E. Head gaskets, melted pistons ect along with it's manufacturer.
:whs: i agree! especially melting pistons...*cough

1 - 20 of 22 Posts