Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hope im not upseting anyone by posting this in the wrong spot...but i have some issues....i really like my 04 6.0L PSD, i had a bully dog power crap in it before and it went alright till an injector cracked and i had to replace the engine, since then i have been takin it easy on performance...bone stock, but now im lookin for a little more pep in my step, but all my friends RIP on me for havin a powerstroke, and im good friends with an owner of a local diesel shop and asked him about buying a SCT X3 off him and he just razzed me a bunch about how he wins twice cause he gets rid of a SCT and gets to replace my engine again, anyway, i would like my engine to be strong...how do i go about this to get the relieability of (dare i say it) but a cummins :( help please

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
headstuds egr delete turbo chip intake exhaust sticks fuel pump. Thats a good strong 6.0 DD

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if it gets studded and deleted i can expect more reliability when trying to pump bigger HP numbers?? i have read about oil bypass systems and coolant bypass systems...care to elaborate and my engine seems to go through injectors more than it EVER should how can i get there longevity up, i use fuel conditioner religiously! ha ha prolly sounds like i just bag on my truck right after a cold start, but honestly i drive it nice!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
LOL ya. delete it and studd it then your bassicly free to go, but I would get rid of that stocker turbo if I were you, theyre a joke. Let me guess your runnin rottela oil in there.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
LOL ya. delete it and studd it then your bassicly free to go, but I would get rid of that stocker turbo if I were you, theyre a joke. Let me guess your runnin rottela oil in there.
Pennz Seen it in another post lol ya he needs some valveoline extream blue!!
And ya stud it delete it they last for a long time i beat da chit out of my truck and i had fuel system,exhaust,chip,studs egrdelete etc it Worked good!!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Ya we just got done goin over the get away from the wax based oil speach.

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right on boys thanks a bunch im due for an oill change and ill get valvoline for sure!!!

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
get the 5w-40 synthetic, i changed from the valvoline dyno oil and my truck seems to run better. Coolant filter kit will def help you out in the long run. keeps the casting sand that our motors are cast in from clogging your oil cooler. overtime the casting sand leaches out and gets into our coolant system and wreaks all kinds of havoc over time.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
i hope im not upseting anyone by posting this in the wrong spot...but i have some issues....i really like my 04 6.0L PSD, i had a bully dog power crap in it before and it went alright till an injector cracked and i had to replace the engine, since then i have been takin it easy on performance...bone stock, but now im lookin for a little more pep in my step, but all my friends RIP on me for havin a powerstroke, and im good friends with an owner of a local diesel shop and asked him about buying a SCT X3 off him and he just razzed me a bunch about how he wins twice cause he gets rid of a SCT and gets to replace my engine again, anyway, i would like my engine to be strong...how do i go about this to get the relieability of (dare i say it) but a cummins :( help please
Start by getting a new mech/wrench the one you have is busted... get me?

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Going through injectors, sound like your mechanic never checked your fuel pressure to find the problem in the beginning. Sounds like a fuel pump going downhill.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Trade it in!

I

·
0 Posts
Maybe it's just me but adding big power to a 6.0 is not a very intellegent thing to try to accomplish.. Ya, there are a few that get away with it but not many.. If you have lots of cash that you don't mind spending on a 6.0 then have at it, by the time your done you may as well have bought something with an engine that wasn't shipped from the factory ready to explode..

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Every truck has it's issues, your not going to get a problem free truck if you buy a cummins. If your looking for big power, every truck costs a $hitload of money to build. If you just want to get your 6.0 running good and strong, then get studs, egr delete, and a custom tuned SCT. Oh, and get some gauges to ensure your not harming the motor...

I

·
0 Posts
Every truck has it's issues, your not going to get a problem free truck if you buy a cummins. If your looking for big power, every truck costs a of money to build. If you just want to get your 6.0 running good and strong, then get studs, egr delete, and a custom tuned SCT. Oh, and get some gauges to ensure your not harming the motor...
I agree.. If you do it right and not go to far you should be okay. I haven't had any issues with my truck in a long time but I'm real easy on it and do all my maintance on or before it's due..

·
Registered
772 Posts
Studs, egr delete and a custom tuned sct will be reliable. Its when you start adding bigger turbos and injectors that you can have issues or at least thats my luck. Not to say stock parts wont fail, but if you lose a stock injector a few hundred miles from your house, you can usuially find one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts