Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about ditching the 3" lift and getting low in a CCSB.. A few people have done it here , So thought i would ask to post pics before's and afters and how much lower you went? Stock or lower.. Thanks guys ! :ford:

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Here is my truck at stock height with 32" Proxes on it....looks pretty low IMO. I just went from 35" tires and a 2.5" leveling kit with 3.25" blocks in the rear to stock height. I lost 5.8" in the front total and somewhere around 5" in the rear.

Attachments

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
if love to see a ccsb 08-10 get low, like not clearin pop cans kinda low, ima drop my 93 after i get the motor built for it

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
Straight axle front ends dont like getting lowered. I have a build planned for a 1997 Dodge 3500 dually that will be slammed. The plasma is at the top of the tools need list

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you like the ride 08stroker ? whats was your reason to go back down? I have thought about it since SmokinJoe did his truck . And the plasma is the tool to use when cutting , that is one of the tools i always find a project for to use ! ;)

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Do you like the ride 08stroker ? whats was your reason to go back down? I have thought about it since SmokinJoe did his truck . And the plasma is the tool to use when cutting , that is one of the tools i always find a project for to use ! ;)
I like it. It rides a lot better now than it did before and its noticeably quicker on bottom end with the Proxes. I did it for the track and I was tired of the stiff ride in the front end from my coil springs being stretched with the 2.5" spacers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you rollin a 305/55/20? You guys think a 33/12.50/20 is a good choice?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You think a 33/12.50/20 can be used on your truck with no issues ?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
I run a 305-55-20 which is a 33.2x12/20 on stock height with no issues, even with a wide offset wheel its fine

·
Super Fukin Duper
792 Posts
Put 2WD or even GAS 4WD front springs in it for about a 1-2" lower than stock stance...no clearance issues...and remove the stock 2" block and either replace with a 1" or no block at all depending on if you want it level.

It will be bout the same height at a 2Wd in the front and course sit level..so lower than a stock 2wd in the rear...you will clear all tires up to about a 33" meaning you could run LARGE wheels and small tires and have no issues.

I was going to do this to mine, and had it all planned out with measurements...etc...and it would have worked perfect and given a nice street stance without looking like a "lowered truck" really, but somewhere I ended up going the opposite direction

·
Registered
173 Posts
Put 2WD or even GAS 4WD front springs in it for about a 1-2" lower than stock stance...no clearance issues...and remove the stock 2" block and either replace with a 1" or no block at all depending on if you want it level.

It will be bout the same height at a 2Wd in the front and course sit level..so lower than a stock 2wd in the rear...you will clear all tires up to about a 33" meaning you could run LARGE wheels and small tires and have no issues.

I was going to do this to mine, and had it all planned out with measurements...etc...and it would have worked perfect and given a nice street stance without looking like a "lowered truck" really, but somewhere I ended up going the opposite direction
i would really like to see pics of this it sounds easy enough that it would be good to do just for the strip and then put the leveling kit and blocks back in for normal driving

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Yeah running 20x10s with no rubbing issues at all even hitting speed bumps ect while turning, i dont know exactly how close they are to rubbing but i know i havent heard them hit at all.

I think what mike Dillehay is going to do is run 5.4 gasser springs in the front and no block out back im pretty sure. The truck right now already sits close to the bump stops so i think removal of the bump stops is going to be nessessary.

What i was honestly think is running a cut spring, then running a leveling kit spacer for the street, when i go sled pulling ill take the spacer out for a 2.5 inch drop in the front, run a 1 inch block in the back and it should sit level on the street.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'm just curious how close they are to the inner fender. I've got big mud flaps on cause I have to drive on gravels and don't want to kill my paint. But I do have a TEI spacer I could throw in with stock springs for 1" of lift in the front. How do you like the 33s for pulling? If I go smaller, I think I'm going to go with BFG ATs, something that will perform great for pulling, and ok on the track.

·
Registered
173 Posts
What i was honestly think is running a cut spring, then running a leveling kit spacer for the street, when i go sled pulling ill take the spacer out for a 2.5 inch drop in the front, run a 1 inch block in the back and it should sit level on the street.
thats actually a great idea also your not too low but your low enough to make a diffrence. i was contimplating this the other day having a leveling kit for the street and figure some kind of lowered set up for the drags

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
I'm just curious how close they are to the inner fender. I've got big mud flaps on cause I have to drive on gravels and don't want to kill my paint. But I do have a TEI spacer I could throw in with stock springs for 1" of lift in the front. How do you like the 33s for pulling? If I go smaller, I think I'm going to go with BFG ATs, something that will perform great for pulling, and ok on the track.
33s are the way to go, i should be running a smaller wheel so i have more sidewall, but they do pretty darn good.

I need to take some pictures of the under hood of my truck, ill try and remember to turn the wheels to where they are the closest to rubbing and post them up for you, im positive a 35 would rub alot though lol.
thats actually a great idea also your not too low but your low enough to make a diffrence. i was contimplating this the other day having a leveling kit for the street and figure some kind of lowered set up for the drags
Let me know what you end up going with, for now i think my truck is going to stay the way it is, there are alot of pulls this summer, probably just going to cruise it around with the ass end in the air untill after pulling season is done.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts