Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i need help ASAP im to be leaving for florida soon.
il be driving along and all of a sudden my door locks start going nuts, and theres all this clicking coming from behind the dash (GEM module) and then it stops and everything is fine and then later same thing. ford quoted me 100 bucks to program the new module and they WONT sell me just the module ford dealership service only part they say and i called another ford same thing. so it would cost like 500 bucks for them to fix it. even if i can replace it they MUST program it and they say the truck wont drive without programing cause of security feature. anyone have any info on this thaxs. Dan

·
Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
I have read that the new units are already programed and all you have to do is program your key fobs to the new GEM.

·
Registered
860 Posts
My truck did not have the factory keyless locks, Do I still have the GEM in there? I do have powerlocks from the factory. My locks work when they want to and have replace all actuators with the FURD upgrades.:(

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how do you program the key fob and door pad to the new ge?

·
Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
My truck did not have the factory keyless locks, Do I still have the GEM in there? I do have powerlocks from the factory. My locks work when they want to and have replace all actuators with the FURD upgrades.:(
Yes.

how do you program the key fob and door pad to the new ge?
It tells you how to do it in the manual.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ok guys i need help ASAP im to be leaving for florida soon.
il be driving along and all of a sudden my door locks start going nuts, and theres all this clicking coming from behind the dash (GEM module) and then it stops and everything is fine and then later same thing. ford quoted me 100 bucks to program the new module and they WONT sell me just the module ford dealership service only part they say and i called another ford same thing. so it would cost like 500 bucks for them to fix it. even if i can replace it they MUST program it and they say the truck wont drive without programing cause of security feature. anyone have any info on this thaxs. Dan
Give Heller Ford in Elpaso a call, I believe on a 02 it was called a vehicle security module. They replaced mine a year or 2 ago and i think it was 200-300 something, dont quote me but Im pretty sure it wasnt 500.

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thxs guys i have a new one on the way from powerstrokeshop.com for 120 bucks

plus do any of you guys know why especially when i have the trailer on when i hit the brakes it starts acting up. it only acts up when i hit the brakes???? im thinking the module must have the flashers and relays for the brakes lights in it as well.. thxs

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Or your brake controller is backfeeding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts