Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is running Matt/gearhead automotive performance tunes?
what is your honest oppinion of his tunes and capability's as a 7.3 tuner?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on people I need some help.
i'm looking at
Matt/gearhead $465 for 6 custom tunes with free reburns for life

DP/Jody $750 for 6 custom tunes on an f5 chip with $30 per tune for reburns

Dave/PHP $775 for 6 custom tunes with the minatore pkg. PHP is $30 per tune for reburns. I don't think i'm qualified to use the software provided by PHP to make my own tunes safely.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have a chip... He has GREAT Tunes and well worth the money to me.

If you have any problems with his tunes he will adjust them till your happy, I'm suprised there are not more people chiming in that run his tunes.

Buy the chip, you won't regret it! Let me know if you want to know anything else....

·
Registered
253 Posts
750.......775......damn.....thats a little steep.

You will be happy with any of the top guys, jody, tony, swampy, bill, dave, and matt who has been at it the shortest amount of time.

·
Smarty Power!
2,567 Posts
No way in hell I'd pay that much for Jody's tuning. It's nice, but not THAT nice.

I'll let you know on Matt's tunes the end of next week. I've got one of his chips on the way...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No way in hell I'd pay that much for Jody's tuning. It's nice, but not THAT nice.

I'll let you know on Matt's tunes the end of next week. I've got one of his chips on the way...
that would be great. I just wish there were more people running Matts tune that would reply.

·
Strokin!
285 Posts
matts tunes on the 6.0 are great would highly recommend. Very good if you have any problems with anything. Better than the bigger dealers cuz you actually get to talk to someone.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
$750 for 6 tunes
f that,that isn't even a f6 chip.

have a look at tony wildman's tunes as well.
bill at php, dave at di , swamps etc..all are great tuners

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$750 for 6 tunes
f that,that isn't even a f6 chip.

have a look at tony wildman's tunes as well.
bill at php, dave at di , swamps etc..all are great tuners
dave at php was $595 for 6 tunes + $30 more to make each tune custom for inj or big oil and so on.
dp is $565 for 6 tunes + $30 more to make each tune custom for inj or big oil and so on.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
so is it +30 onetime or +30 per tune ?
your second post said dp was 750..now 565 thats a big diff.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i'm looking at

Dave/PHP $775 for 6 custom tunes with the minatore pkg. PHP is $30 per tune for reburns. I don't think i'm qualified to use the software provided by PHP to make my own tunes safely.
Who is "Dave" at PHP?? To quote Tommy Chong... "Dave's not here, man!" You must have us a little confused.

A 6-position chip with custom tunes from PHP is $549.00, not $775.00. Not to mention that price is for moderate to heavy modifications. A 6-position with tunes for standard or mild modifications is only $369.00.

Also, don't confuse the Minotaur package with standard chips or pricing. ;) I wouldn't recommend Minotaur unless someone was completely comfortable with making their own calibrations. It's meant more for people who have been made serious modifications and are tired of having to wait for minor changes every time they need a tweak. For the average person, leave the tuning to people who do it for a living every day. :D

Also, in regards to reburns, please clarify...

1) Are you saying that if a tuner did a tune for a set of Stage 1 injectors and then 6 months down the road you decide to go with Stage 2 injectors, an Adrenaline pump, and a D66 Turbo that you would expect a completely new set of programs at no charge?

2) Or are you indicating that if a tuner does a set of files and you need to make some minor modifications to the calibrations for the EXISTING SETUP you would expect the new files at no charge?

If #1, then yes... we charge for reburns. If #2, then no... we do not charge.

Take care.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
My truck is tuned by Matt. Very nice guy with great service. Free lifetime re-burns. Really woke my truck up. Im sending mine back today to get the shifting changed up a little since I did something to my trans. Hopefully he will be recommended by even more people in the future.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Who is "Dave" at PHP?? To quote Tommy Chong... "Dave's not here, man!" You must have us a little confused.

not you just the name sorry about that.

A 6-position chip with custom tunes from PHP is $549.00, not $775.00. Not to mention that price is for moderate to heavy modifications. A 6-position with tunes for standard or mild modifications is only $369.00.

ok so it would be $549 for what I need.

Also, don't confuse the Minotaur package with standard chips or pricing. ;) I wouldn't recommend Minotaur unless someone was completely comfortable with making their own calibrations. It's meant more for people who have been made serious modifications and are tired of having to wait for minor changes every time they need a tweak. For the average person, leave the tuning to people who do it for a living every day. :D

yes I thought thr minotaur pkg was all you had. thanks for clearing thaty up.

Also, in regards to reburns, please clarify...

1) Are you saying that if a tuner did a tune for a set of Stage 1 injectors and then 6 months down the road you decide to go with Stage 2 injectors, an Adrenaline pump, and a D66 Turbo that you would expect a completely new set of programs at no charge?

I don't expect it but a few of the vendors do have the free reburn policy for this situation which is nice.

2) Or are you indicating that if a tuner does a set of files and you need to make some minor modifications to the calibrations for the EXISTING SETUP you would expect the new files at no charge?

If #1, then yes... we charge for reburns. If #2, then no... we do not charge.

thanks for clearing my info up $549 6pos custom chip or $775 for a custom tuned minotuar pkg. Ryan

Take care.

sorry about the name change Bill. Dave is swamps. i've just talked to so many people i'm screwing up names now.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so is it +30 onetime or +30 per tune ?
your second post said dp was 750..now 565 thats a big diff.
dp f5 chip=$200
selector switch and mount=$65
no code tunes=$50 each x 6 =$300
total with box tunes $565
+ $30 extra for each customized tune=$180
total =$745

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
dp f5 chip=$200
selector switch and mount=$65
no code tunes=$50 each x 6 =$300
total with box tunes $565
+ $30 extra for each customized tune=$180
total =$745
Thats crazy... i would never pay that.

Get ahold of Matt... His are all the same price even if you are getting custom tunes. And he might give ya a deal since your a PSN member ;)

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
If you got the custom tunes setup for your truck up front you would not be charged an additional charge for the custom tunes later. I'm a little confused myself at the total you came up with from us.

Are those for a complete order of 6 performance tunes plus stock and no-start or with Stock and no start and 4 custom tunes?

We do not charge for regular stock and no start, so technically you would be getting a 8 custom program chip with 6 of them being custom for that price. Or are you wanting stock and no-start and 4 custom performance tunes. If so, then the chip would not be that much.

Please give me a call and I'll give you a figure as to exactly what you are wanting.

Diane

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i'm looking at

Just wanted to let you (and everyone else, I guess) know that we don't charge for reburns unless we have to write new calibrations. If it's to tweak a tune or to substitute another standard calibration, customers don't pay anything except shipping! And we never charge for Anti-theft or Stock, so those tunes are free.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I wish Blackpearl03 would post in here. He does some crazy things with a PMR truck with hybrids and my tuning.

I'm not here to say that any tuner is better than any other tuner. I'm not saying that I'm the best or the most experienced either. Everyone has their favorite.

My goal is to have the smoothest, most drivable tunes that do what they are supposed to. You shouldn't give up anything on a truck with moderate injectors such as fuel economy, smoke output, drivability, or safety. If my programming doesn't meet your requirements in any of these areas then you will get a refund.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts