Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been racing diesels since 99. The last Ford I bought was a 99 F350. I then went to the dmax, then to the dodge trucks.. I've always liked my old superduty's feel better than the others, though I was scared of the 6.0 motor. I'm considering buying a 2010 F250, and it seems to be offered with 3.55 and 3.31 gears. Can those that have the higher 3.55 and 3.31 gear ratios share their fuel mileage? I have a 69 camaro with a dmax as my fast diesel, and a kodiak 4500 to pull with. I just want a nice comfortable daily driver that gets decent fuel mileage. I'm currently driving an H2 that gets 11 mpg mixed driving. All shared info is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
A stock 6.4 isn't going to get too good of mileage, better than the Hummer, but not by much... The new 6.7 is supposed to get great mileage over the 6.4 but until it comes out, we can only speculate... Now a 6.4 with a DPF delete and tune shouldn't be too shabby, on mileage and power:evil, and as far as 3.55 vs. 3.31 I don't know, I have 4.88'sLOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll delete the emissions, install a tune, and exhaust immediately after I buy it. I have a friend that owns a diesel shop that has everything waiting on me if I go through with it. I'd really like to get around 20 mpg on the interstate.. I'm only considering the 6.4 over the 6.7 because of the rebates and finance offers on the 2010.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I think they should be good for 20mpg with 3.55's, someone with that configuration will most likely chime in and verify that..

BTW, welcome to the site:ford:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info.. Surely with the higher gears I could hit 20 then.. I'd actually be happy with 19. I guess if I'm wanting, and might as well aim high. haha.. I've been a long time lurker here.. I figure this is where I need to be for Ford info..

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yep, and my mileage doesn't dip during a regen! It's an '09 F350 4x4 CC LB SRW.:ford:
I can manage 13 until regen hits, then the lie-o-meter drops to 11.5ish...

·
Registered
185 Posts
So far on my initial tank of fuel I got 14.5 hand calculated and thats with me
topping it off past initial shut off,with the 3:55's. I only 500 miles on mine now and is totally stock w/factory 20's. The long bed trucks in F350 with SRW you can get 3:73's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts