Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at doing the GDS fuel spring upgrade and i started reading and they are saying that fuel pressure will be up to or over 100 psi thats nuts . or should i just buy the kit from ford and get the blue spring ??

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
max fuel pressure to the injectors should be 70psi the Gillet spring puts it at 100psi wayyy too high

anything higher you risk blowing out injector o-rings left and right

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Greg have you replaced your fuel spring with the updated blue spring?

·
Registered
963 Posts
i ran the gds spring for sometime with no problems. my fuel pressure gauge was pegged at 100 psi though. With that spring I noticed a much crispier low end and better throttle response. hazed smoke a little more too

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i konw it sounds like a dumb question but whats the 6.4 banjo bolts and where are the located :pointlaugh:

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Banjo bolts allow the fuel to enter the passage on the heads. The reason for using the 6.4 banjo bolts instead of the stock 6 liter bolts are because it prevents the back injectors from getting starved of fuel. They are located on the front of the heads. Follow the fuel lines down to each side of the head you'll find them.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
well it doesn't necessarily prevent starvation, it helps though, a regulated return is the only way to get rid of that deadhead design

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Does anyone know what size drill bit you use to drill your stock banjos out with?

·
Registered
182 Posts
and a part # for the 6.4 banjo bolts? For $12-15 I'll throw those on my 6.0 while I change the air filter

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a writeup on the FPR fuel pressure spring?

·
Registered
195 Posts
i have the ford blue spring and the GDS spring, as of right now i think im gonna have to make some changes, my blue spring holds 58psi at idle but will drop as low as 10 under WOT runs, the GDS springs holds 70psi at idle but still drops on wot, im going to change my fuel filters and see what it affects, GDS claims anything over 140psi will blow out the fuel system o-rings, can anyone back this up?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts