Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alirght i got a few questions about installing the gauges..I got autometer cobalts and was wondering where i hook the boost into and also where do i wire the power to them from..i also got a seperate dimmer for them cause i heard there super bright

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Boost gauge gets a t-fitting to the map line (rubber line running to intake manifold) or you could drill and tap the manifold. Power comes from the fuses in the cab of the truck. There you can find switched power. I have my hooked up on the truck dimmer but I have Ultra Lite IIs with the internal LEDs. I really like them.

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
I used the wires from my head light switch to hook mine up.

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also it didnt come with a t for the boost..Can i get that at napa? what size?

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Yeah i pieced the stuff together from my local napa store. It's just a three way and you need to get two barb fittings and a ferrel fitting for the boost hose. I can't recall what the exact sizes were though but you should be able to eyeball it pretty easily.

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok..also where are you runnin the wires so there out of site? anybody have install pics?

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
I had them mounted on the drivers inner fender well. It kept the wires neat because I ran the sensor wires/hoses up on the top of the firewall with that loom that runs acroos the engine compartment. Kev, are you going to paint the bezel on the new gauge?

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was thinkin of takin the black off

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guess its gettin painted..lol

·
Registered
331 Posts
wire them into the fuse panel but run em under the dash to be out of site

·
Registered
817 Posts
I was able to tie into the fuse panel (the "front" of it that you see when you remove the cover), around the outside edge and back inside the dash, where I routed it up to the A-pillar.

The Tee fitting you need is 1/8" NPT, I used one with female on all fittings, then added 1/8" NPT hose barbs, and used the gauge's 1/8" npt fitting into the tee.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
Old But Sexy
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok thanks what npt stand for? and are you guys cuttin the stock pillar to run the wires through? thats the only part im confused about..how to hide the wires

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
yeah, I cut a slot in mine with a cutting wheel

·
Dreams of owning cclb
695 Posts
woops:eek: hahaha I had a friend tell me that I had to and I believed him since he did too... O well live and learn. It was cracked anyways.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts