Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Ballin' on a Budget
1,396 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread. Just to clarify - the warning light versions are now available for the EV2 series, with pre-programmed warning levels only at this time, for Pyrometer, Fuel Pressure, and Oil Pressure. Once we finish the user-adjusting software & cable, then we will make the warning light versions available for all EV2 gauges (probably mid-late summer). The Performax warning light versions will be released about that time as well.
Does the user get to select the warning threshold and then that number is programmed at the factory?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
How much time did it take to wire it into 17ish gauges?
I took a video today of how long it takes to hook up... Little hard to do with one hand but if you would like to see it I will upload it.

It takes about 30 seconds to hook up for all 17 gauges.

Plug and play.

Does the user get to select the warning threshold and then that number is programmed at the factory?
EV2 is preset at the factory for right now. They are working on some end user adjustment software, but I dont know when that will be coming out.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

You get this above when you plug in the thumb drive...

And here is the conversion area. You can pick and choose what files you want to be recorded or converted...

I will get a file of one run, but right now I am having an issue finding where the damn thing is sending the converted files. LOL

·
Reloading
429 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! Think I could I get an estimate on the EV2’s with the warning lights? I called most dealers listed on the Isspro site for a quote but no one heard of them. I’m sure in due time, but I’m wanting to get rid of my Autometers , and would love to have these. But if they’re a small fortune (like the Performax) I’ll just go with the standard EV2’s sooner than waiting till mid-summer. Thank guy for all this info.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks for the info guys! Think I could I get an estimate on the EV2’s with the warning lights? I called most dealers listed on the Isspro site for a quote but no one heard of them. I’m sure in due time, but I’m wanting to get rid of my Autometers , and would love to have these. But if they’re a small fortune (like the Performax) I’ll just go with the standard EV2’s sooner than waiting till mid-summer. Thank guy for all this info.
Have what ever vendor your calling call up Isspro. They will be able to get these for you.

I cant comment on cost, I dont believe the price is going to increase much if any for the Warning light gauges...

The Data logging software does not work on the EV2 gauges, just an FYI.

If you cant get any good feed back from the vendors, hit me up and I will get you the info you need.

:D

·
Registered
817 Posts
The EV2 warning lights are just adding $10 to the list price of each gauge.

Joe, I think the default location where it stores the converted files is C:\Tmp\, but you can override that in the little box under "Converted File". You still have the very 1st version of the conversion utility, and it sometimes hangs up when saving files. That part is already fixed but they are now working on also adding some basic graphing functions within the program.

BTW - you didn't mention the coolest part about the datalogger: the USB drive doubles as a bottle opener!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The EV2 warning lights are just adding $10 to the list price of each gauge.

Joe, I think the default location where it stores the converted files is C:Tmp, but you can override that in the little box under "Converted File". You still have the very 1st version of the conversion utility, and it sometimes hangs up when saving files. That part is already fixed but they are now working on also adding some basic graphing functions within the program.

BTW - you didn't mention the coolest part about the datalogger: the USB drive doubles as a bottle opener!
Regards,
Michael Pliska
Bottles dont fit in the camp trailer fridge very well so its all cans...:D

But yes, its a dandy bottle opener!LOL

The data logging was able to let me watch the fuel pressure while on the drag3 file...

I need some fuel system work...:doh:

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I think that is real slick!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Another update coming up...

·
Banned
132 Posts
Joe, can you get a set of gauges if someone wants a kit?
Saw these and really thought they looked clean.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Those are th older style EV gauges...

I am not a vendor and can not price out the gauges for you... Check out some of the vendors, Isspro still makes the EV's but I prefer the EV2 and Performax over those.

·
Banned
132 Posts
OK Thanks, I do like yours a ton, but would like a black outer ring & #'s. I looked on isspro's website and got lost. lol
Why do you prefer the EV2 and Performax over the EV's?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
If you need a part number let me know, Shoot me a PM or something.

·
Banned
132 Posts
What's the difference between mechanical and electrical?

And sorry about my 1st post #55, I just read some of the thread and saw that you refer people to vendors. And I'm actually one to read through an entire thread before posting so I don't do what I just did. Ooops!

·
Dont know what I want
507 Posts
my trans temp guage is where Enoch's boost is and it lights up but i dont think its hooked up cause the hand never moves is there any place it should be located before i got taring the whole truck apart to find where its run?

41 - 60 of 64 Posts