80 Posts
just attaching myself - I like this!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Wait, when it gets red your supposed to back out of it? LOL

Looks like a great idea.
It is... I bet Michael would be happy to work on something for you and the ranger...:poke:

still tweaking the functions of the warning lights, I do thank you for all your input guys...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Any new updates on this?
They are avalable now, I really have nothing new to report... I am hoping Michael is working on end user ajustablity rather then preset levels.

Shoot him a PM or email!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
These are new gauges, running changes to the system... EV2 and Performax

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Autometer has a new line with 7 way color adjustable LED lighting and the ability to have the guage be 3 different colors at 3 user adjustable set points. I just installed a set of these for a friend. On his Pyro i have the background color set for Green up until 1100* then it goes to Yellow until 1250* then to Red where the whole face pulses teh Red color.
Check out the new guages Autometer Elite Series

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Contact your dealers now. I believe they are avalable for most gauges right now... I just got some new updated ones Friday.

Also got a new data logging set up. Need to make sure Michael is ok with posting info on that yet, but lets just say its slick as hell!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sorry I missed this thread. Just to clarify - the warning light versions are now available for the EV2 series, with pre-programmed warning levels only at this time, for Pyrometer, Fuel Pressure, and Oil Pressure. Once we finish the user-adjusting software & cable, then we will make the warning light versions available for all EV2 gauges (probably mid-late summer). The Performax warning light versions will be released about that time as well.

The new standalone datalogger should be shipping in the next few weeks. I was hoping to start shipping now, but we have had a delay in getting the housing tooled. We have a few units out on test in housings made on a rapid prototype machine.

BTW - Joe, feel free to post info on the datalogger!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Joe, post on the data logger.
A few pictures of the equitment, later today I will get some data logging and post up some screen shots.

This is a shot of both the data stream device and the thumb drive it records on. Keep in mind the data stream device has a prototype cover on it.

Here the thumb drive USB port is retracted, which is pretty cool. Also you can see the start button on the Data Stream device.

When you want to start recording, the thumb drive must be plugged into the streaming device, and the data stream device needs to be plugged into one of the gauge connectors (or add a tee off of your gauge lines). Press the button, and it starts recording. Done with your run, press the button again and it is saved as a file on the thumb drive. You do not have to run to the computer to remove that file, you can do several runs (I would bet 30-40 runs before the thumb drive would be full) and then at the end of the day go to the computer and look things over.

A few gauge shots...

21 - 40 of 64 Posts