Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fixing to take my banks out and change to an sct. My question is what's better for the money and most recommend? A pod with 3-4 gauges or a moniter screen? If so which one? I'm looking at a live wire moniter, but not sure what the best is or what's most recomended? Mainly and mostly daily driver but also tow about 1-2 times a month..

·
JGman141
859 Posts
I'm fixing to take my banks out and change to an sct. My question is what's better for the money and most recommend? A pod with 3-4 gauges or a moniter screen? If so which one? I'm looking at a live wire moniter, but not sure what the best is or what's most recomended? Mainly and mostly daily driver but also tow about 1-2 times a month..
It's really a personal preference to what style you like. I ran the livewire for awhile and switched over to a pillar set up and love it. The edge cs or cts will be able to monitor every parameter that you want, but like I said its a personal preference. I personally don't miss having my driver side corner blocked by a screen.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
certainly as said above, all personal preference. If you are looking for the best money option, monitors are much more versatile. The edge monitors are great with the expandable cables that allow you to monitor things like egts, boost, fuel, oil ect...gauges your limited to the 3 or 4 gauges you purchase...that being said, I run a triple pod with a monitor.

·
Registered
218 Posts
^^^^^^ Thats exactly right. The gauges are good but limited. With an good monitor, you can change around what your showing on the screen, depending on what your needs at that time are. For example what you want to be watching could be different when your towing a heavy load up a grade versus just tooling down the highway.
I have the Edge cts and think its a great investment.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just read and watched a video on edge cya that has me really wanting one now... I'm assuming have to buy all probes and cables or does it plug in to the port?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I just read and watched a video on edge cya that has me really wanting one now... I'm assuming have to buy all probes and cables or does it plug in to the port?
typically you can pick up a CTS monitor for 399, and looks like the starter cable with the pyro with it for 125, that will give you a descent start on gauges with the monitor, the monitor plugs into the OBD for coolant, oil, boost ect readings..

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I prefer real gauges...Isspro's. and senders for accurate info vs getting the info using the OBD port. You can add senders to a SCT but it gets pricey. Either way we sell both if I can help please PM me.

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
I run CTS it's great especially with being able to monitor EGTs and everything and adjust what gauges your watching at any time. I prefer this this over all others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts