Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my SCT tsx and would like to know what 5 gauges I should watch the most and what the acceptable ranges would be? I also installed the exhaust probe. I tried searching the forum and it looks like ECT should be 182 and EOT around 190 degrees?? :confused:Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Just installed my SCT tsx and would like to know what 5 gauges I should watch the most and what the acceptable ranges would be? I also installed the exhaust probe. I tried searching the forum and it looks like ECT should be 182 and EOT around 190 degrees?? :confused:Any help is greatly appreciated.
Engine Oil Temperature (EOT) 197*
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) 194*
Fuel Pressure (FP) 62lbs idle
Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) 1350* max
Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) 185*

EOT/ECT will let you observe indirectly the condition of your oil cooler (you want these values to remain within 15 degrees of each other)
FP so you can protect your fuel injectors (stay between 45 and 70 psi)
EGT to stay below 1350 degrees F so you don't melt metal components
TFT so you don't overheat.... 200 max
The stock t/stat starts to open at 192.2* and is fully open at 219.2*
2 stroker:fordoval:

·
Registered
34 Posts
so what happens if your eot and ect differ more than 15 degrees. ive pushed mine pretty hard before and my ect has been over 200 but then cooled down, is that still fine or an issue?

·
burning mine saving yours
183 Posts
so what happens if your eot and ect differ more than 15 degrees. ive pushed mine pretty hard before and my ect has been over 200 but then cooled down, is that still fine or an issue?
ECT temps of 200* alone aren't a problem, but if your oil temp is 240* while your coolant is 200*, problem. I believe its recommended to get truck up to operating temp(tranny temp is a good indication of operating temp) and on a flat road cruising at 60-65 your deltas shouldn't exceed 15*. If they do, ford recommends oil cooler replacement.

Obviously its going to change while truck is pulling a load, or climbing a steep grade, so a flat road on cruise i believe is recommended. Make sense?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engine Oil Temperature (EOT) 197*
Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) 194*
Fuel Pressure (FP) 62lbs idle
Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) 1350* max
Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) 185*

EOT/ECT will let you observe indirectly the condition of your oil cooler (you want these values to remain within 15 degrees of each other)
FP so you can protect your fuel injectors (stay between 45 and 70 psi)
EGT to stay below 1350 degrees F so you don't melt metal components
TFT so you don't overheat.... 200 max
The stock t/stat starts to open at 192.2* and is fully open at 219.2*
2 stroker:fordoval:
Perfect! Thank You Stroker

·
Registered
34 Posts
so i just went on a bit of road trip and it was kind of hot out and i had to climb some mountains. my ECT got up to 214 but cooled down to below 200, i was wondering if thats a serious issue or just a common thing cuz of the temp outside and going up really long hills. my dash gauges never got high, they all stayed normal. so just curious what yall think.

·
Registered
269 Posts
yeah the dash gauges let you know after its to late. 214 in the mountains is perfectly fine. mine will get to 215 just merging in the highway in Fla. IMHO would say anything over 225-230 ECT for any length of time its time to back out the throttle or stop and check it out.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ok great, good to know thanks alot, i got worried a bit after i starting reading everyones temps were about 190ish lol. appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts