Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stroker
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck a few months back from a dealership as a trade in, so they knew about as much history on it as I did. I have found evidence the previous owner had gauges and a chip but had taken them out. Im about ready to purchase gauges,and tonight I was under the truck and it looks like he may of left the sensors in it but im not 100% sure, so i figured I would ask you guys.

I'm pretty sure this is an EGT probe right??

And I dont know if this is a tranny temp sensor or not

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
correct and maybe on the trans havent seen one like that.

looks at it this way... you aint gotta dril the hole for the egt probe now lol

·
Stroker
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
correct and maybe on the trans havent seen one like that.

looks at it this way... you aint gotta dril the hole for the egt probe now lol
lol, thats exactly what I was thinking.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes, same here.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Looks like the probes to me. Should be a pretty easy guage install!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yup, that looks like ISSPRO EV series. You might follow the wiring up and see if there are still amplifier boxes under the dash somewhere, they may have left those in the truck. On the trans temp sensor, the other end of the wiring can be seen in the photo, and that wire harness would connect directly to the amp box. If you just need the gauge heads, we should be able to sell you those. Drop me an email at michael at isspro dot com.

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Yep,ISSPRO.Saves you some work.

·
Stroker
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright thanks guys,I traced the wires up and they enter the cab right above the PCM and they are cut, but there is a small tube that also entered the cab in the same spot, and I traced it and found the fitting. If its for a boost gauge its not the T fitting like usual, But i think it may be an Oil pressure gauge, if you guys could tell me what it is once again it would be helpful.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Can you trace that line out in either direction? I can't think of a low pressure oil line in that area. IIRC, my MAP sensor line runs from the RH side intake manifold up to the firewall, and is covered with the same type of wire loom.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
That's the tube for your boost guage, tapped into the map line. Pull back the loom and you'll see the T fitting.

What a shame its all cut off at the firewall.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
i have autometer z series and my boost hose keeps coming off the tee every time i get into high boost
Tighten it down, or use a number of other options for plumbing in the hose. Nothing different from any other type of plumbing, with exception to the size of the tiny line.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
If that boost line is open wouldn't that effect the operation of the map sensor?
Hard to believe someone would do that even when selling or trading in a truck. That sucks.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Tighten it down, or use a number of other options for plumbing in the hose. Nothing different from any other type of plumbing, with exception to the size of the tiny line.
it didnt come with brass fittings or anything, it just came with a plastic 1/8 tee that doesnt fit in the map hose which i have clamped down. the tubing goin from the boost gauge to the rubber fitting is coming out of the rubber fitting. would super glue damage the boost line?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Super glue it, or get the proper T from one of the sponsors or dieselmanor.com.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Lowes has a good selection of plastic fittings as well as those plastic push pins used on the door seal, inner fender liners etc.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
run some real line... 3/8" compressor hose rated to 300 PSI, brass T and worm style hose clamps. then your 1/4 or 1/8 line will fit inside of it and u can clamp it again and still get a measure. mine works upto 25psi... cause thats all i make.

for the OP, last question. that does look like the MAP line T'd into. follow the wire loom to the bottom of the spyder, and to a little black box looking thing hanging above the passanger side valve cover.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts