Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took the clear cover off the gages to clean it the old guy never cleaned any thing .any way i cant get the fuel gauge to work right back tank is full. and it shows 1/2 the front tank has 1/2 a tank and shows E took it apart and made sure the switch is clean . is there some sort of way to fix this or am i screwed?? before all of this the gauge worked fine .

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Take the gauge cluster back out and flip it upside down and then when rotating it upright again make sure all of the gauges go to their respective starting points then plug it in and see if it works. I have seen this happen with speedo and tach before.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Sounds like maybe you bump the needle and the gauge is off a 1/2 tank, you can "reclock" the needle by just poping it off with a fork and puting it in the right position

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Doesn't sound like a gauge/needle issue if the gauge is correct on one tank but moves to E on the other. Sounds like the back tank side of the switch got disturbed. Check the plug and make sure nothing went to ground, a wire got pulled/moved or something else. Something definitely happened when you R&R'd the gauge cluster.

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
I would take it back out and make the the gauge is all the way to the LEFT/ON EMPTY and try that. I did that with my speedo gauge when I cleaned mine it was all the way over the the right and I had to take it all back apart and manualy move it back to zero :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts