Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an isspro pyro and boost gauge setup for my 02 and was wondering if there are any tricks or tips to putting them in.i have never installed gauges before,thanks

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
you just got one gauge? Put the pyro in the drivers side manifold before uppipe.

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
meant pyro and boost

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Easy breazy, bud. Just keep the drill bit well coated in vasolene, to catch the pieces of manifold. The boost guage should just be a simple T fitting.
What did you get to display them in? An A pillar pod?

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got an a pillar pod,will keep the vasolene trick in mind,i was sort of under the impression that you had to pull the manifold to keep the shavings out,but is all new to me

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
take your time. when drilling into the manifold do it in steps, like start off with a smaller bit then whats required for the probe.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Shavings wont really matter. It'll just go right out the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Easy breazy, bud. Just keep the drill bit well coated in vasolene, to catch the pieces of manifold. The boost guage should just be a simple T fitting. What did you get to display them in? An A pillar pod?
you can also drill/tap your intake elbow and run it from there

·
Registered
417 Posts
you can also drill/tap your intake elbow and run it from there
i would do it this way unless you have aih plug with a fitting on it ive install a couple of those crappy t fittings they give you with the boost guage and had a couple of the lines blow out:doh:

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
Shavings wont really matter. It'll just go right out the exhaust.
Would metal shavings moving at high velocity agree with the turbo?

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wiuld figure that shaings in the exhaust would be bad news moving through the turbo

·
Registered
417 Posts
im just curious everybody is so afraid of drilling the manifold on the truck how many turbos have been killed as a direct result of some how getting shaving in there. think about it your drilling straight up i would say 95% of the shaving will fall straight to the ground

·
Registered
878 Posts
Awh hell my manifold still has 1/4" of bit fused up in it. I'll be sure to tell when if ever it turns loose as I'm sure I'll know it........lol But for real tap it with one bit dont fuk around with the gradual increasing of bit sizes as stated in the instructions....

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Grease use is a no no, but vasalene liquifies from the heat long before it has a chance to do any damage. It's just consistant enough to catch and carry the shavings out of the way. Having the engine running will help keep the new hole a one way street, as was previously mentioned.

·
Registered
417 Posts
all you guys are overthinking this whole thing its just one tiny hole

·
Milk Truck
1,490 Posts
I drilled mine with no lube and almost all the shavings fell out. Then I stuck a vacum up to the hole. I used a small bit as a pilot hole and then used the proper bit. No problem.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Drill it while its running, don't overthink, and over complicate the proccess.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts