Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just ordered auto meter ultralite boost, trans temp and pyrometer gauges that should be here saturday or monday. I'm just wondering what the best way to run the wires is and where to run each wire to. I've read that for the EGT gauge you drill and tap in the drivers side manifold. Is that right? What about the boost and trans temp? Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yup bottom side of the driver side manifold for egt, tap imto the MAP line with a t-fitting for boost, and theres two ways to do trans temp. The first is the easiest, theres a plug and the driver side of the tranny that the sending unit screws into. Or the second option is you can cut a small hole and weld a bung onto the bottom side of the tranny pan that the sending unit screws into. The aecond option will give u a truer reading but is kinda harder, and i would get a second tranny pan to weld the bung onto just in case.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Is there a link to show pics of where to drill for the manifold?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yea he could get a scan guage to read his trans temp and boost

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here's your pix.

I myself drilled a hole into the intake, didn't like how thin it was so I welded a washer onto it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have grey also, I used this paint got it at AZ.

Started with adhesive promoter 3-4 coats, 3-4 coats (light) of paint, 3-4coats of clear.

Looks like this.

Look off, but in legit life its very very close.

·
Registered
196 Posts
To my understanding for boost, if you tap into the map you get alot of gauge flutter. Is this correct?
i had mine in the map line and i had guage flutter. got worse as you bould more boost. for example i can build 25 lbs and the guage fluttered from 20 to 30. when i installed it in my Y pipe i have zero flutter and now its nice to look at the boost guage and not get dizzy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.