Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a pyro, tranny, and boost. All have the same ground, ignition hookup, and constant battery supply. Boost works fine, but when I start my truck, my pyro and tranny jump all over the place and eventually the needles go as high as they can in temp. The probes are good, I unhooked them and the gauges continuously jumped everywhere. Any ideas where I went wrong? All connections are solid, ground is good... My ignition power source is my ignition fuse, my continuous power source is my headlamp fuse.

·
Registered
278 Posts
u need to find a better continuous power source, also the guages maxing out tells me that your ground is no good, when they go all the way to max temp and stay there is a bad ground, what year truck are these in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have them hooked to the metal piece right above the fuse box where 2 grounds go. It's on an early 1999. I did it all to glowshifts YouTube video. Type in powerstroke 7.3 gauge install and they'll come up. Did it almost identical to what they said. The boost doesn't go out of whack though and it has the same ground source as the pyro and tranny, so I'm a little confused?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have them hooked to the metal piece right above the fuse box where 2 grounds go. It's on an early 1999. I did it all to glowshifts YouTube video. Type in powerstroke 7.3 gauge install and they'll come up. Did it almost identical to what they said. The boost doesn't go out of whack though and it has the same ground source as the pyro and tranny, so I'm a little confused?
the boost isn't electric so that ground is for the back lite not the guage, the pyro and trans are electric so they need a good ground to work. put the ground in a diffferent spot and let us know if that works

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried the constant battery supply to the battery with a fuse, same thing. Then tried the ignition source in different fuses with 12 volts after the ignition was turned on, all the same result. I know my probes are good because I took them out and started my truck with the original hardware where the probes should go with the same result. I've tried different grounds, done and actual constant power supply... So I'm guessing it's coming down to an ignition source?
I just start my truck, and then nothing happens on the gauges. Then my tranny gauge will go haywire first, then the pyro is soon to follow; both topping out. Sooo.. where to go from here?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts